Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Nate, about 1300 feet. Pushing the limits of those link belt drums. Start up Mill Creek on Monday, 1800 feet in depth......the boys will be tagged out on that one. Might have to dial down the sky line for something slimmer and see how it goes. Not my problem thank goodness. I'll just dump them and let the side rod figure it out.

I think our Linkbelt was maxed at 1,200(ish) unless, like ya say, you go with a smaller sky.

A work around, if the bottom of the unit has a road -- is to work up as much as you can from the top, and finish from the bottom.

1218091242b.jpg

a funny one lol
10832_184251524225_8296633_n.jpg

biggest tree i've ever cut with a 20 inch bar lol also free falled next to a 138kv transmission line lol
10832_210494874225_5273885_n.jpg

sweet saw holder lol

Celebrity

The son in law made it on tv second time this season. Ian Haynes on the news clip . No chain saw I posted a pic a long ways back cuttin a giant snag.

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://KGWN.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=311988;hostDomain=www.kgwn.tv;playerWidth=640;playerHeight=360;isShowIcon=true;clipId=7379875;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=overlay'></script>

Works now!

We haven't started our fire season yet, but I guess it's fix'n to get warm, so I'm sure it'll be soon.

That's good! I'd prefer not to pull a Colorado this year -- then we can't be in the woods till late fall. :msp_sneaky:

Last edited:
nice sticks hammer. accept the inverted humbolt.:msp_wink:

Thats Red, he pretty well sticks with the open face, hes a thin hinge boring perfect stump mother ####er, but as long as "perfect" is in there, let him do as he wishes. Unless "perfect" takes too long....

On another note, the irony of your (assumed) misspelling of "except" brings this whole east vs. west thing to a peaceful and and loving close, albeit inadvertant. A pun, and the world could rest.

I was putting in a block face with a snipe dumping one uphill. I hate having to put one uphill.

Thats Red, he pretty well sticks with the open face, hes a thin hinge boring perfect stump mother ####er, but as long as "perfect" is in there, let him do as he wishes. Unless "perfect" takes too long....

On another note, the irony of your (assumed) misspelling of "except" brings this whole east vs. west thing to a peaceful and and loving close, albeit inadvertant. A pun, and the world could rest.

I was putting in a block face with a snipe dumping one uphill. I hate having to put one uphill.

na can't spell. but as far as the comment i was just ribbin ya. no peein match intended . nice strait logs though. :cheers:

Looks like some nice timber Joe.....Just got re-routed, which meant a rig swap a second ago and an extra hour of driving in the AM, yeehaa...............got to love feeding 6 yarders and 2 skidders..........Now where the hell did I set that beer.......Wouldn't want to show up all bright eyed and bushy tailed on July 5th!

Back