Fast Opinions Needed: Is This a Decent Deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally wouldnt buy any saw on ebay unless I was looking for a project. But 150 for a good running 260 is a good deal. Who knows if that's what you'd be getting?

That's not the best example of an MS260 but it seems like a good price if it is good shape. The air filter cover seems to be the incorrect one. That of course can be remedied. I wonder what is underneath it...

Anyway, it appears to have been used by a commercial company based on the numbers. They were about $450+ or so new so use that as a guide. It is not the "pro" version which has a compression release and adjustable oiler. It was at $140 when I viewed it and anything more than that would move it out of the good deal category when shipping is factored in.

FYI, when you post a link on here, it makes hundreds of people aware of the eBay listing and maybe 1/3 of those people would snatch up an MS260 for the right price even if they weren't looking.

So always buy first and ask questions later lol.

is it a good deal at what price? Auction still has 30mins on it. At the current bid, yeah it's a good deal. But, uh.... there is 30 mins left......so not sure what price we are talking about yet.

And as stated, in the future do the homework first. 57 guys just set up snipes on it.

Isn't is the palm that has pitch that eats through Magnesium?

yup. Probably a horror show in there. In fact, I'd be surprised if it had not eaten right through the cases. Probably a real turd. I don't think you guys should buy it. In fact, I doubt it's even worth what the bid is at now. :eek:uttahere2::eek:uttahere2::msp_razz::msp_rolleyes::msp_razz::help::mad2::clap:

what is up with the air filter cover? It seems to be gapped in strange places.....:confused: I have a 026 cover on my 024 and it fits better than that.
it just don't look right especially around the handle.

[

looks like it's not latched down. Might be fubar under the cover. (and I'm serious about that part...)

looks like it's not latched down. Might be fubar under the cover. (and I'm serious about that part...)

It has an 024 top cover and an 026 a/f cover. Also front chain adjuster. Probably not an 026 at all. And certainly not an MS260.

Last edited:
Looks like a Frankensaw to me. Who knows what crazy parts lurk inside? It's no 260, that's for sure. Run away.
I think there is some confusion in the thread with the pics that were posted by a user. Those pics are his personal 024 that he put an 026 air filter cover on. I did look at the original listing and it is a MS260 and the air filter cover just isn't latched. It does appear to have been used commercially though so it is a bit of a gamble.

Back