Finally Got My New Saw Fired Up...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnthemBassMan

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to get my new saw started, an Echo CS-370. Kind of surprised, but it popped on the first pull on choke, then fired up on the first pull off choke. One thing for sure is Echo had the oiler opened pretty good. It was dripping on the floor even while not running. I adjusted it so a light, thin line of oil came off the chain when I throttled it up a bit and no signs of dripping as of last night. Also I just grabbed a quart of Ace Hardware bar & chain oil. After it's gone, I'll get a gallon jug of either Husqvarna or Stihl oil. The Ace oil seems to be a bit on the thin side.

I also mixed the first gallon a little richer at 32:1 with the Saber 2 stroke oil. After I go through the first gallon, then I may go back to 40:1. I only got to do a little trimming on a giant honeysuckle bush that my Mother-in-law wants gone. There's quite a few small dead pines up on the hill that I'll run it on until I'm done with the break-in cycle. I'll just cut a bunch of biscuits off to get it broken in. I'll have to get it in some wood to check the carb screws, but it doesn't seem like it's running lean at idle. It idles great and throttle response is snappy with no bogging. It's a small saw, but it's just about perfect for everything I would use it for.

L8R,
Matt

Maybe I'll add a little straight fuel to the gas can if you think I'll have issues with the cat plugging. It has a little smoke while idling, but not bad.

L8R,
Matt

Already planning on doing that, just wanted to break it in first. Gutted the muffler on my trimmer then adjusted the carb. Now it's a little screamer that tears through some serious weeds.

L8R,
Matt

Back