Firewood saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poulan 395. 65cc and 180 PSI makes this a great firewood saw. The best part of all, no need to worry about the paint job.

259375d1351280779-img_1512-jpg
View attachment 259375

Last edited:
I've been looking at the 441cm and the 460/461 for a while now, just can't make up my mind which one. Ive been leaning more towards the 460 but dont know

I a bigger fan of the 441cm. The AV is much nicer as is the self adjust carb, and the filtration. 460 you will be cleaning the filter daily, somewhere on here I was in a thread w/ a gut that said the 441 goes weeks/months w/out a dirty filter but every day he sits down and picks chips out of the HD2 filter on the 460.

dw

Here's my firewood saw. It's a echo CS8000 That i just bought it back from a guy i sold it to about 2 months ago, he just used it one time. i think that he liked his 044 stihl more then the echo i believe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's the chain i use on it.

attachment.php

Last edited:
doesnt that 24 cramp up your back ? i just keep a 32 on the saw so can stand upright ,and not be so hunched over ,nice for limbing too dont have to reach so far

Not too bad in small wood. I need to get another 28-32" light bar. The 32" I have is a wide nose stihl es and it's heavy on any saw. I've been meaning to pick up a 28" techlite here lately but keep forgetting about it when I make an order.

Stihl 026 pro 16 inch w/ mm stihl 361 20 inch stock and looking at either a 441 m-tronic or a 460 to wear a 25. Sometimes you just never know what your getting into. And if I drove the car to the cabin and something happens I will grab my first ever saw Poluan wild thing. But that ones just stays at the cabin.

Not too bad in small wood. I need to get another 28-32" light bar. The 32" I have is a wide nose stihl es and it's heavy on any saw. I've been meaning to pick up a 28" techlite here lately but keep forgetting about it when I make an order.

yes the longer es bars seem to make the front heavy ,ive been running the light bars on everything so they balance pretty nice still

yes the longer es bars seem to make the front heavy ,ive been running the light bars on everything so they balance pretty nice still

I sold the last stihl light with the last stihl saw a while back.

Ok between the 441cm and the 460/461 whats the differences in weight and performance?

keep an eye on the wiggs gtg thread over the weekend or beginning of next week ,there is going to be a 70cc comparison done with video 440,441,460,461,and 372 xpw husky

keep an eye on the wiggs gtg thread over the weekend or beginning of next week ,there is going to be a 70cc comparison done with video 440,441,460,461,and 372 xpw husky

The 461 will be top dog among the Stihl's...
Then the XPW will whip it...
Just sayin...
:msp_wink:

For the sort of firewood I've been coming across lately, most everything can get done with a 5100 Dolmar running 17" of 3/8" round chisel. That has been my primary firewood saw for the past couple years and it works well. 238se and 44Rancher (ported) also work well. Anything that requires a bigger saw will be a SOB to get into the trailer and then up onto the splitter, and will leave me eating ibuprofen and having back/leg pain for the following week, so I'm avoiding the bigger stuff more than I used to do.

I use my 2138 jred for limbing and cutting hedge posts, and my ms362 for everything else. The ms290 rides along as a backup saw when I bring it, and the 385xp is just fun to run and if I find a big tree that I think I need to cut

If it's bigger than about 18" diameter, I use the Dolmar 7900. Anything smaller if I'm cutting firewood, the Stihl 028 WB. For trimming up around the house and as the all around, backup, go to, everything else is torn up saw...I pick up grandpa's old Mac 10-10 because it always runs.

I bring the only two real saws that I have: the 346xpne and the 372xp. I really do not need or want anything else. Once in a blue moon I could use a 390xp, but that blue moon is too rare to justify the $1200. I spend a good deal of time cleaning and clearing fence rows and dying trees in the bush and these two saws always make the job more enjoyable--Really cannot think of a better combo for my needs. I am not a collector, and do not really desire other saws........well except for maybe a 550xp!

Tim

Latest posts

Back