First time haulin' in the pickup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the best I could do for ya' Blazin... hope it eases the picture withdrawals a bit

I tried some radial snow tires once on an 1985 LTD (because it had radials on it), even had 'em studded... worthless crap. Took 'em off and put real snow tires on the rear... real bias ply snow tires (and didn't stud them). But I found a use for those radials, I put 'em on the little trailer... they load-up with snow and mud, then roll over the top so the little tractor don't need to pull as hard. At least they're good for something.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

If I don't load the trailer too much those silly radials will pretty much roll right over the top of sloppy mud.

attachment.php

Just gotta' love how those silly street tires load up and become slicks!
Good thing a trailer don't need traction... huh?

attachment.php

That's it, I'm puttin bias ply tires on everything!!!! :bowdown:

BTW, does that F150 have a 3/4 cam in it?

BTW, does that F150 have a 3/4 cam in it?

Naw... no cam, it's a stock 351.
It does have the towing package though... which gives it the heavier suspension, axles, transmission, transfer case and makes it sit a bit higher... it's sort'a, kind'a, the LD version of the F250. At times it's a bit of a challenge to get drive-line parts for it because of the 351/4x4/towing package... some parts stores don't even list the thing and tell me that I'm wrong! Good thing I worked/owned (well, dad owned it) a Ford store for over 20 years or I'd be totally confused finding parts for it. Heck, I've even had Ford Dealerships tell me the thing don't exist :msp_rolleyes:

Just too bad it's rusting away.

Last edited:
Naw... no cam, it's a stock 351.
It does have the towing package though... which gives it the heavier suspension, axles, transmission, transfer case and makes it sit a bit higher... it's sort'a, kind'a, the LD version of the F250. At times it's a bit of a challenge to get drive-line parts for it because of the 351/4x4/towing package... some parts stores don't even list the thing and tell me that I'm wrong! Good thing worked/owned (well, dad owned it) a Ford store for over 20 years or I'd be totally confused finding parts for it. Heck, I've even had Ford Dealerships tell me the thing don't exist :msp_rolleyes:

No 3/4 cam just what I thought, now the tires make sense :D

At times it's a bit of a challenge to get drive-line parts for it because of the 351/4x4/towing package... some parts stores don't even list the thing and tell me that I'm wrong! Good thing worked/owned (well, dad owned it) a Ford store for over 20 years or I'd be totally confused finding parts for it. Heck, I've even had Ford Dealerships tell me the thing don't exist :msp_rolleyes:

Maybe they don't believe since it can pull in and out of there without leaving any tracks.

From today Yup time for new skins before next winter. Rt Rr takes a beating when I relive my younger days.

naty9eju.jpg

Enough already! If your chests are that puffed out over tires than a wheelbarrow full of wood won't hurt a bit!
Get haulin' by whatever means neccesary!

ps. I drove a Ford for many years in the snow plow business. Tall, skinny 18 inch tires can plow some snow. Nuff said!
Don't drive 'em anymore cuz they are too much $. Don't miss changing out u-joints and axle joints but in the end they were money makers. 1987-1995. RIP

From today Yup time for new skins before next winter.

Awwwww.... c'mon man.
You're the guy that told me to drive around the yard and take pictures... I did better than that, lots better.

You can show me anything you want... but I'm seriously guaranteeing you won't be able to follow me where I go.
Man, I'll drive circles around you... traction is all about the tire and nothing else (well, to a point).

This ain't my first dance.

Last edited:
Ok spidey, bias ply on a limited slip axle, or radials on a locking rear end. If it's the tire's, who wins?

Awwwww.... c'mon man.
You're the guy that told me to drive around the yard and take pictures... I did better than that, lots better.

You can show me anything you want... but I'm seriously guaranteeing you won't be able to follow me where I go.
Man, I'll drive circles around you... traction is all about the tire and nothing else (well, to a point).

This ain't my first dance.

So my cell pics weren't the best. Sue me.

I'm busy tomorrow, might go play in the snow Sunday and get better pics. I think you're just gonna have to come on up here and show me how it's done.

You can take an Iowan to knowledge, but it ain't gonna make him any smarter than he was in 1978.

I feel like I just seriously wasted a great deal of time...not nearly enough pictures!!! Speaking of bias ply I use to love the old Firestone Town and Country snow tires. They helped my ranger 4x4 make some full size 4x4 pickups feel bad.

I feel like I just seriously wasted a great deal of time...not nearly enough pictures!!! Speaking of bias ply I use to love the old Firestone Town and Country snow tires. They helped my ranger 4x4 make some full size 4x4 pickups feel bad.

speaking of bias ply tires in the snow, there only as good as the chains ya put on them.:poke:

Latest posts

Back