Fiskars X27 update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upidstay

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Not sure if this is old news or not. Talked to the Fiskars customer service people. The new X27 axes will be in stores "hopefully in about a month". This was on 3/8/11. They will be carried by True Value, and Sears. Right now the only place they are available is online at Amazon.com or Baileys.

Not sure if this is old news or not. Talked to the Fiskars customer service people. The new X27 axes will be in stores "hopefully in about a month". This was on 3/8/11. They will be carried by True Value, and Sears. Right now the only place they are available is online at Amazon.com or Baileys.

Both are back ordered....

Mine came in through Ace Hardware three weeks ago. My lower back has been givn me fits the last couple of weeks so I haven't tried it yet. I know I will like it better than the old one though just by looking at it.

Mine came in through Ace Hardware three weeks ago. My lower back has been givn me fits the last couple of weeks so I haven't tried it yet. I know I will like it better than the old one though just by looking at it.

You sir are my new best friend. Just called my Ace, and they will have it there for me by Thursday.....:D

Well, apparently the folks at Fiskars don't know much about their own products. I just ordered my new 36 Fiskars splitting axe from my local Ace Hardware. THEY do not call it the X27. Have no idea what an X27 is. They call it the 36" Fiskars Splitting Axe.

The nice lady at Fiskars I talked to gave me bad info, which I passed along to you all. Sorry.

You CAN order them from your local Ace. Doesn't sound like any of them are stocking them regularly, but can be special ordered. I did mine through their website, had it shipped to my local store. At the time Baileys had them, Amazon did not. Cost $5 less than Baileys, when you factor in shipping. Should be here in about the same amount of time.

Again, sorry I passed along bad info. I will hopefully have my new toy for this weekend. I have some maple stacked up in my garden. Need to get it split and moved so I can start on my planting. Will let you know how it does.

You did not pass on bad info, the X27 is printed right on the axe. I got mine 2 weeks ago off amazon, through Baileys. Might be miscommunication between Fiskars and retailers, or the retailers are calling it the 36" to eliminate confusion between the differant lengths, but Fiskars put the X27 right on the axe!

New price today?

Anyone notice amazon has the x27 marked up from list price $49.99 to $113.22 today???:msp_sad::msp_sad::msp_sad:

Does someone have the link to the X27 on Ace's website? I can only find the 28 inch version

Latest posts

Back