flue heat extraction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pook - Leave these nice people alone. Your logic of using a magic heat on a properly operated EPA stove is flawed. A PROPERLY operated EPA stove DOES NOT have excess heat to extract without the possibility of dropping the stack temp to dangerous, creosote producing temps.
please quote my post about the similarity between the yukon & mh system & address it directly. this aint hearth so u might have to be scientifically logical,eh?

I was responding to the opening OP statement:
fluegas is cooled by MAGIC HEAT or similar so to gain room heat

I am sure Keith is far more qualified than myself to answer questions of the Yukons PROPER operation. :deadhorse:

hold on...not ignoring just waiting to get my last question answered...this is a give and take exchange....

I was responding to the opening OP statement:

I am sure Keith is far more qualified than myself to answer questions of the Yukons PROPER operation. :deadhorse:
ya but he's avoiding it because either he aint looked or I'M RIGHT! & MH IS VOOOODOOOO:dizzy::jawdrop:

ya but he's avoiding it because either he aint looked or I'M RIGHT! & MH IS VOOOODOOOO:dizzy::jawdrop:

Hey Pook...it's the heating season and I've been busy helping our customers with parts and tech service...sooo sorry for avoiding you.
:notrolls2:

now is the MH UL listed????

No one ever said Magic Heat was taboo. I mean really if you have such an ineffcient burner that you have no other way of catching escaping btu's then I guess that product will come in handy.
But to say it's the same thing as a secondary heat exchanger...that's a stretch.

My beef with MH is that it's a product that if not watched can be a way to burn down a house.
Not everyone has the same acumen as you Pook. Some will burn wet wood or pine that is pitch loaded. They will not keep the tubes clean making the MH subceptable to a chimney fire.
Again is it UL listed"????
I went to look at MH...did not see any UL listing...

Last edited:
Hey Pook...it's the heating season and I've been busy helping our customers with parts and tech service...sooo sorry for avoiding you.
:notrolls2:

now is the MH UL listed????
wire & motor are but ure avoiding the post about the similarity in the 2 systems, why?

Now who is avoiding questions????:hmm3grin2orange:

UL listed parts do not make a UL listed appliance.
did u even read the post depicting the similarities? ur flue is ul listed separate from ur stove? or do u have to use the specific brand used for testing the stove?

...so what you are saying that the MH is not UL listed as safe to be installed into a flue pipe....hmmmmmmm.:deadhorse:

ok...heating code calls for pipe on solid fuel appliances to be rated 2100 degrees and must be stamped with a HT designation.
There are several manufactures that make HT pipe.

Last edited:
did u even read the post depicting the similarities? ur flue is ul listed separate from ur stove? or do u have to use the specific brand used for testing the stove?
:spam::spam::spam:

Delete.....reboot....ignore.P.S.

This "pookie" character got himself banned on the most gentle and P.C. sites on hearths.

CK, your chain is being yanked....again.:deadhorse:

...so what you are saying that the MH is not UL listed as safe to be installed into a flue pipe....hmmmmmmm.:deadhorse:
i will repost the similarities in a new post,promised, only because i despise BS when it interferes with logic

:spam::spam::spam:

Delete.....reboot....ignore.P.S.

This "pookie" character got himself banned on the most gentle and P.C. sites on hearths.

CK, your chain is being yanked....again.:deadhorse:
gentle 2u because? go back & read CI"s most recent posts on MH. ps. Vogelzang makes them also

just spoke with nelson mfr. in Iowa & was told the MAGIC HEAT unit as a unit is UL listed, so?

I just went to UL's web site and looked up the co. in question...they do not have the Magic Heat listed.

Pook have a great day...I'm done with this thread.

..... A PROPERLY operated EPA stove DOES NOT have excess heat to extract without the possibility of dropping the stack temp to dangerous, creosote producing temps.

Based on my own experience with an EPA stove ( Quadrafire) that is not always true. Under normal conditions ( cold outside, when I need to get a lot of heat from the stove) the stovepipe temperature near the ceiling - read from a dial thermometer on the pipe - is usually between 350 and 400F ( with my heat extraction fans off).

And, I believe that it is safe to have flue gas temperatures as low as 230 - 250F without serious creosote deposits forming.

Problems can arise when you use heat extraction to lower flue gas temperatures too much.

Phil

Latest posts

Back