For you Southern Boys and Girls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the pictures are deceiving, but why do you need to plow your driveway out, if by the looks of it, you got 6 inches of snow? A couple of feet sure, six inches nay.

In the northeast, 6" of unplowed snow turns to 4" of solid ice pretty quick! Then you might as well live with it until May.

Bob - in 1976 I was an Airman in the United States Air Force going through technical training at Chanute Air Force Base in Rantoul, IL. I arrived on base over July 4th weekend and had the pleasure of staying there for two days shy of a year. The winter of 76-77 was the worst ever on record. The blizzard we experienced killed lots of people and put thousands of folks out of their homes because they had no water (underground pipes froze). I remember the outside temperature with the wind chill being -76F. Damn cold. That kind of weather would sour anyone on winter.

It has been my experience that most Southerners are confused. :laugh:

I find most of them to be confused too... :laugh:

Its nice pictures, but really, the south does get snow too... just its melted off and a muddy mess in a day or two expect the roads that no one here knows how to take care of... :bang::bang::bang:

It only got up to 55 today. I think I'll put another log in the fireplace and look at more of your pictures. :D

Pa Pa Jack - I didn't find a cartoony thingy for "envy". I want the snow to go away so I can get back to cutting. Too deep to get to the trees. Last winter we were dry as a bone. No accumulation to speak of and I got to work all winter. Not so this winter.

It only got up to 55 today. I think I'll put another log in the fireplace and look at more of your pictures. :D

I have a rule with Wife...no fires unless it's below 50. Otherwise she'd burn it all year, and the house would always be 80 deg. :bang:

Could be. Can we get proof that you are in fact blonde? I'm a blonde myself .... at least used to be before the grey started creeping in. Now I challenge my barber to cut only the grey hairs and leave the blonde ones. Doesn't work. He's 81 and deaf as a post and cycles folks through the chair as fast as he can.

We got 12 inches in Arkansas.

attachment.php

attachment.php

What's a barber? Mrs trims my fuzz 3 or 4 times a year, just so I look somewhat civilized.

Could be. Can we get proof that you are in fact blonde? I'm a blonde myself .... at least used to be before the grey started creeping in. Now I challenge my barber to cut only the grey hairs and leave the blonde ones. Doesn't work. He's 81 and deaf as a post and cycles folks through the chair as fast as he can.

See my avatar? That's me! Just kidding, but my hair is much the same color. It's not yellow blonde, more of a dishwater or sandy blonde. I have searched through thousands of pictures on my computers hard drives looking for some of me, but the only ones I found were grainy and not really in focus from my security cameras. I still haven't figured out how to set my regular camera for a time delay so I can get a current shot of me, that is if it even has a time delay.

I quit going to a beautician years ago because all they want to do is CUT my hair and shape it into a style they think I should have even when I tell them different @ $70 a pop. So I trim the ends off every 4 to 6 months when it starts to look ratty. I'll save my money for other more important things like Wood Cutting Equipment n Gear! :D

Maybe 3 to 4 inches in that pic. Just saying:hmm3grin2orange:
still I am jealous of the snow though. Havent got any in the part of NJ where I live.

Last edited:
Storm wrote - See my avatar? That's me! Just kidding, but my hair is much the same color. It's not yellow blonde, more of a dishwater or sandy blonde. I have searched through thousands of pictures on my computers hard drives looking for some of me, but the only ones I found were grainy and not really in focus from my security cameras. I still haven't figured out how to set my regular camera for a time delay so I can get a current shot of me, that is if it even has a time delay.

Guess we'll have to take you at your word - but if you are blonde we expect a blonde joke now and again. :jester:

Latest posts

Back