For you Southern Boys and Girls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully cabin fever won't take too much of a toll. I already serviced my 3 saws and file-sharpened the chains. There is a 4th saw on the way. I wish it were here already so I could check it out and get it ready to use while the weather is bad. It did feel good to get out and cut some yesterday. Sun just peeked out but we know it is just a sucker hole.

Iowa, ha ha.

Even with the wind chill we have not hit negative temperatures here in NY ... yet. We might get there tomorrow when the cold front moves in tonight.

We have more snow now than we got all last winter. I'm not complaining. I like snow.

View attachment 270926
attachment.php

The view from my patio in Sussex County, New Jersey

Thermometer bottomed out at -18°F here last night, almost got me thinking of going someplace warm, like Iowa.

Man, you need to change your name to NW FL or NW Caribbean! Stay warm up there...upstate NY not lookin' so bad!

:hmm3grin2orange:

Man, you need to change your name to NW FL or NW Caribbean! Stay warm up there...upstate NY not lookin' so bad!

:hmm3grin2orange:

Not any time soon. Heck, next month I'm headed for the Canadian border for some ice fishin. Dang hard to do that if the water don't freeze. I get an urge to head for some place warm and sandy once in a while, after 6 or 7 months without seeing a bikini clad gal. I really need to meet one of these girls:

attachment.php

I am still waiting for the usual storms and or lake effect.

:waaaht:

Hey Flashhole and Smokepole....Where in Upstate Ny are ya? I'm neare the NY, Mass border.

I've plowed more this yr then all of last yr.. I did a fence job in Feb last yr..and painted it too....

I am still waiting for the usual storms and or lake effect.

:waaaht:

No kidding. Still in a drought here, and we need a good 80-90" just to get to the break even point.

Awesome day. Bright, clear, and cold, but sunny, with light Lake effect dusting all day Tuesday.

Makes a good post card, and helps keep all the new years drunks outta the ditches, but dammit, we NEED to get the Manitou wound up and pissed off enough to throw a week long temper tantrum.

I have barn projects to do, and untill it gets cold and nasty enough to justify staying indoors, things ain't getting done. If this keeps up, I'm gonna have to get busy pruning, to take advantage of the beach weather.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have barn projects to do, and untill it gets cold and nasty enough to justify staying indoors, things ain't getting done. If this keeps up, I'm gonna have to get busy pruning, to take advantage of the beach weather.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

With last weeks freezing rains n high winds, I used that to my advantage. I had some pruning I was planning on saving for spring that required some ladder time. With the freezing rain, it brought all the branches down to where I could do the pruning from the ground. Add to it that the ground was frozen at least an inch down. So I went ahead and did my pruning. Now I have one less thing to do come spring. Everything is pruned that needed to be, and done in a quarter of the time without a ladder. Once the weather warmed and melted all the ice, everything straightened back up, and I don't believe I'll need to go back in and prune anymore off.

When life (or the weather) throws you lemons, make lemonade!

Latest posts

Back