FYI sears chainsaw box won't hold Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttamoneypit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
wife surprised me by coming home with 1 of those $30 square chainsaw boxes

the Dolmar 5100 almost fit but the brake handle is about 2 inches to tall for the top of the box to close--bummer

so it has probably been asked here before but what box will this saw fit into??

wife surprised me by coming home with 1 of those $30 square chainsaw boxes

the Dolmar 5100 almost fit but the brake handle is about 2 inches to tall for the top of the box to close--bummer

so it has probably been asked here before but what box will this saw fit into??

Easy fix....cut the top 2" off the handle, PROBLEM SOLVED. Sometimes I surprise myself.

:givebeer::givebeer:

Who puts there saws in boxes???

Wait for it.........

Easy fix....cut the top 2" off the handle, PROBLEM SOLVED. Sometimes I surprise myself.

:givebeer::givebeer:

Wait for it......

F-250, Silverado 2500, and a Ram 2500 all have nice boxes to put a saw in. :)

Tell the wife to come home with one of those and you'll be really happy!

Gary

Wait for it.........

I think you local Dolmar dealer should be able to hook you right up.

There you go!

I think you local Dolmar dealer should be able to hook you right up.

the local Dolmar dealer is a hardware/tractor supply store with barely anything on the shelves not even 1 chainsaw ,chain or even a bar in the place--lots of tractor oil,bolts,hitch pins etc etc etc

maybe I'd have better luck just modifying the 1 I have

the local Dolmar dealer is a hardware/tractor supply store with barely anything on the shelves not even 1 chainsaw ,chain or even a bar in the place--lots of tractor oil,bolts,hitch pins etc etc etc

maybe I'd have better luck just modifying the 1 I have

then how you buy the saw in the first place........
and what are these chain saw boxes for?...... ohhh ya novice

then how you buy the saw in the first place........
and what are these chain saw boxes for?...... ohhh ya novice

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there.......

I will concede that the majority of them sold are sold to novice's or home owners, however there are plenty of experienced users out there that like the boxes. I have known plenty of "pro" users who liked boxes, most of them were made of diamond plate and permanently attached to pick up trucks, but some of them also had the plastic boxes designed for saws.

I grew up in a house where everything had its place, and must be put back in the same, The fire service for me has only furthered the box for everything approach.
I like the box, when I go camping I can put a saw, oils, a spare bar and a couple of chains in it, toss it in my wife's car and not worry about making a mess in her car that I have to hear about.

I suspect there are a couple reasons why the box is considered a "novice" luxury. Lets start with the fact that they are not necessary, saws are built tough enough to be transported without them. Boxes can get pricey hence why I have 1 box and 5 saws. In most cases these boxes don't fit the larger saws typically used for Timber falling.

Frankly, any way you slice it I like box ;)

I take my saws into the woods in the back of my lawn tractor metal cart and they slide around--so call me crazy I don't want it all banged up so I'm gonna put it in a box--drive into the woods open box--cut wood :clap:

I have boxes for some of my saws. In them are the scrench, spare plug, chain, parts cleaner brush. earplugs, wedge. When I go cutting I always bring one of my saws with a box.

I like the Husqvarna box I got. The 5100s fits fine + oil, files, scrench, wedges, stump vise, spare spark plug, spare air filter, a couple chains.

My 5100 fits nicely in the Poulan case that came with the 2775. The saw is gone but I kept the case. The MS180 fits in the Craftsman case. Same story with the saw and case. The MS310 is in the Stihl case that came free with the saw.

I personally like the cases. I use an ATV to get around my property and I like to have the saws protected. Bungee the case to the rack on front or back with an X through the handle and I am yet to have one fall off.

I wish I could find a box that fit my MS460 wrap and big dawgs. Nothing seems to work. I keep it sitting on a clean freshly washed blanket in my garage and when I take it out I put in in the rear seat of my truck and seatbelt it in just to be safe.

I like the Husky "rookie box". I have put probably 100 tanks through my 357 and it looks nearly new, even the bottom of the saw is not scratched up.

Good for long term storage too.

I use a Husky box for my smaller Jreds and find it to be very handy. I can get the saw, a bottle of bar oil, spare chains, scrench, files and a couple of wedges all together in the box. Makes tying the stuff down of the 4 wheeler much more convenient and keeps everything all in one place. I wish Husky would make a bigger box to fit the 2186 with full wrap handle and big felling dogs!

Back