gas without ethanol?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you have in your area/use ethanol free fuel?

• i only use ethanol free fuel

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • i dont have it in my area

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • i use ethanol fuel when i cant find the good stuff

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • other

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

chevyforlife21

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
who here uses gas without ethanol in there saws? i cant find it any where near me in the last few years, its all 10 percent. what about you guys?

Thats intresting, the station I get mine at is a sinclair but only the mid grade is labeled non ethanol.The other 2 grades don't say.

Funny, I asked and was told 'no, no alcohol at all' at the local stations but there is no labeling to that effect. Every other station DOES label pumps that DO have it added though.
Differing state laws maybe? :dunno:

Here in my part of France, if I'm near a bigger town, most of it is 10% ethane, but out in the country near the farm it is all no ethanol. East for me thankfully.

Pete

Everything at the pump here is either 10% ethanol or not labeled, which means it could be anything. The "super" here is only 90 octane too. Just very recently switched to TruFuel for obvious reasons. Stuff is EXPENSIVE. Having trouble getting VP fuels at this time.

I have access to 100LL. Will there be any ill side affects if I use this fuel in my ope?

All the stations around here are now selling 10%, and no label required.

For a while I had a few stations that were straight gasoline, but that's over with.

Gonna have to go to the local dirt track, or fuel supplier for Off road now.

I have gotten lucky with the 10% I have run so far.
It just goes stale quick.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'm lucky to have a farmers coop near by that sells eth free fuel...That's all I run in my two stroke stuff...and I try to run that in my van when ever I can.

Seeing that Connecticut is Land of the idiots in power we are resigned to only 90%gas (with 10% Ethanol), luckily the local Firefighting supply store stocks 5 gallon cans of Tool Fuel, and a number of hardwares have 50 fuel, so there are some ETOH free choices.

We've got ethanol-free premium (91 octane) in most of Minnesota at the pump, and it's labeled as such. Most stations I use have regular unleaded (87 octane), super unleaded (89 or so) and the eth-free premium.

The ethanol-free stuff is labeled for small engines and collector vehicles, and is not allowed for regular cars/trucks. There are a LOT of folks I know who prefer the premium for all their small motors, myself included.

fuel

We have 10% ethonal hear . i use vp sef 94 octane in my 2 stroke equipment. dont use my saws everyday so they get very little use , now the leaves are starting to fall and the cleanup starts so i use more fuel in the blowers and might use ethonal gas with my mix.:clap:

Back