GB good bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike G

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im searching for a new bar for my Homie super XL. I have been looking at the Oregon Power Match bars, and have found the cheapest price (20 inch bar) to be around 40 bucks. i was also looking at GB bars, and wondering what the quality is like on them? I once bought a rim sprocket from them, and it was out of round. :( . I am contemplating the Pro Top or the Powertech. I found the price for a 20" ProTop to be around 34 bucks (more affordible to a poor college student.)
Thanks!

Mike;

We have had good luck with GB bars and have been using them a lot lately as Husky has been spotty with bar supplies over the last month or 2. $34 is a good price for the pro top. It is almost what I pay as a dealer.

I bought a 16" GB brand new, may as well not put any finish at all on it. It was wearing off after cutting 2 trees into 20" logs. Think I'll just take the paint completely off. Fit where the tip and body meet wasn't the greatest either. My next bar will be a ArborPro.

Last edited:
Thanks guys,
I searched and found the thread on GB bars. The way i figgure it, i really dont cut nearly as much as the pros do, so any pro bar should be sufficient. Im just one of those people who cannot stand to have anything but the best.:D (even thought it isnt always practical :rolleyes: )

~Mike

I use Oregon on my Poulan and Homelite.
They are fine, work well and made in the USA.

The GB Titanium bars are about as good as it gets. A great combination of hard rails and flexibility so that the rails are not prone to cracking like some of the other brands that have hard rails. I have 2 companies that have switched over to these becasue they are getting 6 and seven months out of them. teh owner of the one company tried one out and ont he first day bent it well over 30 degrees and hammered it out on the landing using a rafting ax and stump. The rails did not crack and he continued to use the bar for almost 8 months. In that time he he bent it at least 3 or 4 more times (alder on steep ground). His entire outfit now runs these bars.

I got a few GB bars from Dean at a good price and they outlast Oregon 10X at least. Not trying to bash Oregon bars, but the ones made in Canada wear out almost just looking at them.
The Oregon Pro bars with no paint on them are made very well. You can't go wrong buying GB as long as you buy the ones with the replaceable tips.
John

i consider the GB ProTop to be about even with the Oregon PowerMatch Plus
the GB Titanium bars are comparable to a Cannon bar, without the price.

Thanks for the help guys,
Does anyone know of any good places to find these bars online? It would save me loads of time if i could order off the internet. I dont know of any pro saw shops near Pittsburgh, PA?
~Mike

Mike G said:
Thanks for the help guys,
Does anyone know of any good places to find these bars online? It would save me loads of time if i could order off the internet. I dont know of any pro saw shops near Pittsburgh, PA?
~Mike

A number of guys on here sell them. Can't remember who at the moment, but I'm sure someone who remembers will chime in.

Ohhhhhh!, Thanks for the heads up:p. So as i understand it, only the long bars are made of the alloy? Im probably going overboard, im not a pro cutter, the Pro Top should be a good bar for my uses.:)

Back