Good news regarding 50Fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, how can someone afford to pay those prices for fuel? It would be cheaper to buy fuel lines from time to time. Get some Avgas 100LL and mix that in with your blend gas and it should be good to go. Avgas around here goes for about $4 to $5 per gallon. The high lead is a pain but if you mix it...

I priced the 5 gallon pails at $59. He gave me a price of $800 for a 55 gallon drum. That definately doesn't sound right. It should be cheaper by the drum. That was directly from VP too. A later called a dealer here in Ohio, and he priced the pails to me at $54. I'll have to get back with him on the 55 gallon drum.

That doesn't sound right to me either. I was told somewhere around $480ish for the drum, but it might have gone up.

I have used TruSouth's fuel for three years, I won't burn anything else. I tried to get them to sell gallon cans of the gas alone and gallons of mix.

I talked to VP over the last couple weeks about picking up SEF 94. With all the lovely taxes NY and Monroe County puts on the fuel it makes carrying it impossible. It would end up retailing for 15$ or more per gallon, and that's with a very slim profit margin. And the minimum order is 12, 5 gallon cans and this time of year that's a lot of money to be shelling out and not knowing if it will sell.

I just talked to the dealer here in Ohio again, and I can get a 54 gallon drum for $500 + tax. With tax, that comes out to $9.86/gallon. Now to get enough local guys here to pitch in and make this work.

That is the price I just got. What is your tax like down there? Up here would be $585 out the door for the 54 gallons.

If you get a drum soon, you can count me in for 5 gallons. I don't think you would be getting it within the next week though. ;)

That is the price I just got. What is your tax like down there? Up here would be $585 out the door for the 54 gallons.

If you get a drum soon, you can count me in for 5 gallons. I don't think you would be getting it within the next week though. ;)

I just started a new thread to see if I can do a 54 gallon drum or not. It would be like $530-535 down here. I hope to get it the last week of Dec.

I have used sef 94 for a year know . bought it in a five gallon can un mixed at a local parts store for $60.00 and have not had any problems. I have 2 gallons left and only use it in my saws with stihl ultra oil. For me i think the money spent on vp is worth it in the long run.:blob2:

+1
We use 5 - 10 gallons per week. All our 2 and 4 stroke equipment starts and runs much better and requires far less maintenance. The climbers really appreciate it for easier starts and increased performance.

Latest posts

Back