Gtg @ The Cutting Edge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
comparo?

Hey Steve, Scott,

Do you guys think we'll be running some saws against one another?

For example, get all the folks who have a 50cc or under saw and set up a log for them and do three cuts, hot start, down-up-down.

I can bring a stop watch.

Maybe we could have 60cc, 80cc, 90cc and 100+cc saws grouped together for some timed cuts?

Hey Steve, Scott,

Do you guys think we'll be running some saws against one another?

For example, get all the folks who have a 50cc or under saw and set up a log for them and do three cuts, hot start, down-up-down.

I can bring a stop watch.

Maybe we could have 60cc, 80cc, 90cc and 100+cc saws grouped together for some timed cuts?

Bring whatever you want to run.. All I have are Dolmars old and new.. Plenty of White Oak to make cookies from I might me able to scrounge up a Pine or two if you want.. As far as log holders I have 2 forklifts and a Terramite L/BH we can bind the logs to. IF You guys want to race saws I ask that you bring some PPE Please I do not really want to tell my ins. agent how you cut yourself..

Scott

I think anyone who wants to run a saw should have PPE on regardless of whether we're timing the cuts or not.

Anyway, it just seems like it would be fun to see how people's current saws compare to the new (and old) Dolmars. I have a circa 1980 Dolmar 119 that we can all run.

Having some pine to run the saws through would be great.

Thanks!

Bob

Where's a good breakfast stop up that way? I'd probably be coming up RT. 40, or whatever that road is. If anybody would like to hook up.............

Where's a good breakfast stop up that way? I'd probably be coming up RT. 40, or whatever that road is. If anybody would like to hook up.............

2 good diners close by 1 in Schuylerville about 4 miles NE from here on State Rt. 4 just north of town "Lynn's Country Kitchen" and 1 a mile and a half east on rt. 29 toward Greenwich Called "Nessa's" Also just past Nessa's on the Greenwich side of the 29 and 40n circle there is a Dunkin Donuts and a little farther into town a McDonald's. I will be here at 8am to get things going we will have a couple gas grills going for lunch burgers and dogs etc.

Scott

Directions to GTG

Our store is Located on NYS State Rt. 29 in the Town of Easton (Greenwich mailing addy.) Rt. 29 is a East West highway that runs from exit 28 off the NYS Thruway and heads east to NYS Rt. 22 a North South Highway that runs up the Eastern edge of NY and the Western edge of Vermont. 14 miles west of here is the NY Northway I-87 that runs from Albany NYS THRUWAY exit 24 to the Canadian Border if you are coming via I-87 take exit 14 to Rt. 29 east. If anyone is familiar with the Hudson River it is about 2 1/2 miles west of here Rt. 29 crosses it.

Scott

Well, we have a rather involved rating system for the breakfast stops.

Coffee.
Food.
Value.
Atmosphere/entertainment.
And the all important attractiveness of the waitresses.

An "A" rating on the final item can often make up for shortcomings in the others, but not vice versa.

Well, we have a rather involved rating system for the breakfast stops.

Coffee.
Food.
Value.
Atmosphere/entertainment.
And the all important attractiveness of the waitresses.

An "A" rating on the final item can often make up for shortcomings in the others, but not vice versa.

You should be mighty happy at Lynn's but its a small place but usually nice scenery.

Scott

MPSvc.gif

Directions Link:
http://maps.msn.com/(p2xljl45ax3whned0zhb4y45)/map.aspx?src=FP&lats1=43.09315&lons1=-73.53402&alts1=7.16667&name=The+Cutting+Edge

Well the 20th is almost here hope for good weather!!!!!! You are all welcome to stop by for the GTG should have plenty of eats and will have demos on saws new and old Dolmars. And we will be sure to have some GREAT deald on some NEW DOLMARS as well as other equipment. Im sure members will bring anything and everything under the sun to cut a cookie or two. Still kinda lookin for a head count for the eats.

Scott

I Am having this RAIN or SHINE we have the shop to stay in between burst if needed But im sure we will have enough good weather to have some fun.

Scott

PS, Moderators can we make this thread a sticky? for a while??

Latest posts

Back