GypoLogger's Yukon Cabin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Cahoon

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Talked to Gypo last night. He sent me a picture of the cabin he's building in the Yukon. It's coming along pretty good. 1300 square feet. He said he misses all you woodticks & culls but doesn't have internet.

d7dfbfe0-e975-493c-8872-4b0c1f3e859f_zps3cbf4cfd.jpg

His logs are being trimmed and shaped with a saw. I don't think he's milling anything as of yet.

Glad to see he is getting new digs. Is he using square ground chain? I seem to recall him posting in the past from a saloon, glad to hear he survived the winter.

Talked to Gypo last night. He sent me a picture of the cabin he's building in the Yukon. It's coming along pretty good. 1300 square feet. He said he misses all you woodticks & culls but doesn't have internet.

Last time I talked to him he was at the bar in town,,, only place he gets phone service!!! Sounds just like him!!!

Tell Him I said Hello!!! We miss his crazy A$$ too!!! I guess I fall in somehere in the Woodtick/tree removal Saw freak category,,, def. not a Cull though!!!

Last edited:
lol. Thanks for all the funny replys.This log building is tuff stuff especially the higher you get. Now Im going 12ft. high on the 24x24 part and 8 ft. high on the 16x14 part. I got free access to over 60 acres but theres only about 5 stems per acre that are ideal for house logs. The only boards I used so far were for the subfloor but I have a sawyer with a woodmizer comin out tomorrow. I supply the logs and he does the millin. I can pay him with logs for his own projects.
Someone asked about the chain I use mostly carlton A1, but was thinking about trying 404 chisel as it just might be faster for hogging out the saddle knotches.
John

lol. Thanks for all the funny replys.This log building is tuff stuff especially the higher you get. Now Im going 12ft. high on the 24x24 part and 8 ft. high on the 16x14 part. I got free access to over 60 acres but theres only about 5 stems per acre that are ideal for house logs. The only boards I used so far were for the subfloor but I have a sawyer with a woodmizer comin out tomorrow. I supply the logs and he does the millin. I can pay him with logs for his own projects.
Someone asked about the chain I use mostly carlton A1, but was thinking about trying 404 chisel as it just might be faster for hogging out the saddle knotches.
John

Good to see you back Gypo.

Back