Have You Senen Chopper One Axe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoosier122

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen/tried it? Is it a gimmick or legit? Looks kind of funny and I wonder how durable it is...

Interesting, I doubt I'd buy it unless it has some great reviews on here. It's just the ole maul and wedge for me!

There are some people who like them here. They may have changed them some since I had one.
Myself, in the mid 80's I did a lot of experimenting with mauls, axes,etc. I bought the chopper 1 used with the fiberglass handle for 25$ and hated it. In sticky hardwoods it didn,t penetrate enough to activate the levers and then the ax part was stuck in the wood. When it did penetrate and activate the levers the wood would violently fly apart so if it hit your truck or whatever I considered it dangerous. I remember selling it for 8$ after having it for a while and giving it a fair shake. Would much rather use an standard curved handle axe in frozen wood and a monster maul in the tougher stuff. Don't try to swing a monster maul like an axe and its the best hand splitting tool I have tried.

Neighbor had one..

I used to split wood for a neighbor when I was growing up and he had one that I always thought was pretty cool. I tried it about every time, thinking maybe it was me that wasn't "doing it right" and just needed to get used to it, but in the end, I'd always end up using the regular 6lb maul I brought w/ me.

Back