Have you weighed your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect your scale is a bit optimistic, given the bars you listed......:)

Couldn't agree more. The only thing that you could possibly hope to learn when using a "bathroom" scale is relative weight, and that would depend enterely upon putting each saw in the exact same position on the scale each time.

When I used to travel a whole lot on business, and stay in different hotels several time a week, it was incredible the variety of readings one can get if they actually took the time to weight themselves on the scale provided by the hotel. Of course, I was convinced the only accurate scales were the ones that gave a reading 5-10 pounds lighter than the others.

Oh no,
So now you're telling me my fat butt is heavier than I thought.
Life just isn't fair.
Better get my scale to the National Bureau of Standards quick.
Take Care

Oh no,
So now you're telling me my fat butt is heavier than I thought.
Life just isn't fair.
Better get my scale to the National Bureau of Standards quick.
Take Care

No we're not. We are just saying with a bathroom acale, you really don't know for sure.

Your FB could in fact be far lighter than your scale is leading you to believe, and think about what that would do for your self image.

Regards

dolmar 7900 14.8 lbs no oil or gas . Brothers stihl 440 no oil no gas same scale 14.6

The 440 was brand new when weighed but it did have gas and oil when it felt dealer. Then we drained all gas and oil out of it then weighed it. Also weighed the dolmar the same way was brand new with alittle oil resudue in the saw and gas drained. The 440 did have two dogs on it just like the dolmar.

Sawtroll why don’t you throw the 361 and the rest of your saws on the scales, ready to go?

I would like to see all the real world weights, ready to go, compared to the power head only weights.

When the saw asks you "Does that bar makes my rear handle look fat?", you are supposed to say "No, it brings out the orange highlights". You are not supposed to put them on the scale. There will be counseling in your future.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

I think my 084 with a 41" b&c and fulla gas and oil is somehere around 35 pounds, which is 16,800 grams. After a quarter mile hike it gets heavier, though

Last edited:
My saws generally come home without fuel, but a little bar oil in the tanks. They are cleaned prior to use again, but not like the showcase queens I see pictured here....

I use an old spring scale that is surprisingly accurate when comaperd to USPS or UPS.

Stihl MS290 16" bar 15.8# new 12/07

McCulloch Pro Mac 610 :greenchainsaw: 20" bar with bark dogs 19.6# new fall of '88 or '89

Echo CS-3450 :chainsaw: 14" Oregon bar 9.2# bought used 11/07

Yeah, I know that a lot of folks around here don't think much of Echo, but these little 345/3450/346s cut way better than you might think. The chromed cutters on the Oregon chain have stayed sharper, longer than those on the Stihl. Did I mention that black locust is just plain evil stuff?:mad:

excess650

I think my 084 with a 41" b&c and fulla gas and oil is somehere around 35 pounds, which is 16,800 grams. After a quarter mile hike it gets heavier, though

You've got to be kidding :jawdrop: I thought the PM610 was heavy! Seriously, you ought to have some sort of carriage under that thing and tow it! I saw the video...."overkill" is an understatement. It appears more than a bit unhandy. For that kind of work I use the CS-3450.

excess650

You've got to be kidding :jawdrop: I thought the PM610 was heavy! Seriously, you ought to have some sort of carriage under that thing and tow it! I saw the video...."overkill" is an understatement. It appears more than a bit unhandy. For that kind of work I use the CS-3450.

excess650

Yeah but if a Redwood or Sequoia jumps in front of him he can kick it’s butt!

You should check the weight with the B&C you used in the video. What was that, like 28"?

I have a new addition: Stihl 066Mag 16.5# as advertised dry and w/o B&C. With 25" Stihl ES bar & chain, half tanks of gas & oil, 22#

My 076 with a 25" .404 and hardly any mix or oil Maxed out my 33 lb. scale by at least a few pounds! She is a Beast :angry2:

Weighed the 441 and 660 today. Both saws are full of oil and mix. They both have ES bars and full comp chain.

660-23.5lb with 28" bar

441-19.9lb with 20" bar

Latest posts

Back