Have you weighed your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should check the weight with the B&C you used in the video. What was that, like 28"?

I have a new addition: Stihl 066Mag 16.5# as advertised dry and w/o B&C. With 25" Stihl ES bar & chain, half tanks of gas & oil, 22#

That was a 30" bar, in .404 pitch. It is a bit easier to swing around than the 41":greenchainsaw:

And it weighs about 2.417 stone, which is approximately 32 lbs.....

Last edited:
You've got to be kidding :jawdrop: I thought the PM610 was heavy! Seriously, you ought to have some sort of carriage under that thing and tow it! I saw the video...."overkill" is an understatement. It appears more than a bit unhandy. For that kind of work I use the CS-3450.

excess650

I just did it for fun, to get used to the saw. I have more saws than fingers... I didnt have any huge trees to cut down, although the waterlogged logs sure were heavy to carry and stack. I actually enjoyed heaving that leviathanic beast around....not a race by any means, just sum good loud oily fun! As far as unhandy, well, it's like driving an old Lincoln around....or perhaps pushing it when it runs out of gas..... :hmm3grin2orange:

What is a CS-3450? It doesn't sound like a Stihl model number..... hehehehehe:greenchainsaw:

Sawtroll why don’t you throw the 361 and the rest of your saws on the scales, ready to go?

I would like to see all the real world weights, ready to go, compared to the power head only weights.

No, I am not really interested, and my weights would just muddle the picture anyway, as they all have heated handles, that add more weight on some saws than on others.

When I have no other info, I rely on the DLG/KWF test results for empty powerheads.

Latest posts

Back