Helicopter chainsaw in action.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool stuff

That a is pretty neat time/worksaver. Only thing is, I wouldnt want to try and walk through there afterwards with all the brush laying everywhere.

They used those in Southern Illinois, it did a really good job. You can tell where it had cleared the lines, very straight/plum trimming, looks really good.

Sam

My buddy use to work for that company as a pilot, he's since changed jobs. Name of the company is haverfield, they do all sorts of power line work via helicopter. They've been on numerous history and discovery channel specials showing their line of work.

Here is a video link they did for an IMAX special on helicopter work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_1T2_l43Xo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

They used to do many of my father's properties in western pa back in the 90's. Pretty neat.

Never saw one here in eastern pa, they mostly use the Jarraff around here.

I wonder how much they would charge to swing it back and forth through my stack of firewood logs?:D

Mr. HE:cool:

with a company rep standing there ...how did this get the chainsaw label , hi way crew has a 36 inch cutter disc on a 60 ft tele boom to trim roadside trees here

with a company rep standing there ...how did this get the chainsaw label , hi way crew has a 36 inch cutter disc on a 60 ft tele boom to trim roadside trees here

We have one here, a mower on a large boom, on a big case dually that will go up around 20 feet or so...big fun! I've taken down entire trees with it right to the ground. Just get into it and push, it starts chewing it up until the top goes flying off, then you can work your way down the trunk. For little branches running it high and sideways it rips. It's real dang loud and throws a lot of tree chunks around.

I used that thing to clear our first garden space here, it was sort of a swamp with willows and assorted giant prose pickers and all sorts of stuff. I mulcherized the whole thing, added about ten yards of composted chicken litter, then planted right in the mulch/litter. Instagarden! Looked weird but it worked, and it didn't burn the plants either, oddly enough. It was all rotted out within two years, now it is just rich dirt that can be tilled.

My favorite is when them dip***** leave it up and on when your driving by and your vehicle gets pelted with debris...

or they are driving down the road with it up and on and you drive by...how long before that thing lets loose and the blade kills someone...

Latest posts

Back