Help me decide PS 5100 or 260 Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the nano second difference in acceleration really matter???

I don't think you are in any hurry there 'Troll dude!!!

It is not a nano-second - look at the post above.

Anyway, the fastest "rever-up" I have used is the Euro MS361, and with the new muffler it may be even faster......:cheers:

OK this is from on hand experience............which in this case is no better than your chainsaw bible chat.

My 5100 revs out just fine!!!

You've made some stupid posts in the past and this one is up there with them!!!

Really splitting hairs now!!!

OK this is from on hand experience............which in this case is no better than your chainsaw bible chat.

My 5100 revs out just fine!!!

You've made some stupid posts in the past and this one is up there with them!!!

Really splitting hairs now!!!

No, it is not splitting hairs - there are a pretty obvious difference...:monkey: :cheers:

LOL........Try running the 5100 with the brake off........:laugh: :laugh:

I have tried that - and it surely runs better with the brake off - I have tried to ritchen up the "L" as well - but it didn't help much....

The saw is good as gold anyway, but not as a limbing saw....:givebeer: :givebeer:

No, it is not splitting hairs - there are a pretty obvious difference...:monkey: :cheers:

Face it.............for a firewood cutter that is all moot!!!

Besides can you move fast enough to take advantage of the so-called difference???

Me thinks not!!!

LOL I've been reading some of his posts lately I'm starting to wonder if the lack of sunlight is getting to him. Do we have any alaskan members on this site? Do they start talking goofy in the winter too? Or is it a Norwegian + no sunlight thing or just strictly a sawtroll thing.

LOL I've been reading some of his posts lately I'm starting to wonder if the lack of sunlight is getting to him. Do we have any alaskan members on this site? Do they start talking goofy in the winter too? Or is it a Norwegian + no sunlight thing or just strictly a sawtroll thing.

well..... I don't see anyone else from the far north acting strange... :monkey:

I would have a hard time spending money on a new 260. A deal on a used one, sure. The 260 is a very old design. It looks, feels and runs like a 20 year old design. It is a great saw and I like running it, but I reach for the 350 when I want to get the work done, it is just smoother and easier to use. I don't know anything about the 5100s but it has to be a better saw than the 260.
Brad (duckin)

"A 350 over a 260 when you want to get work done"? I may except this statement in the form of 5100 vs 260?...not from a 350. The 350 is a very good saw...no doubt...but lets not overstate its attributes or its capabilities.

5100 vs 260: You have a tried and true performer: the 260, levied against a screamer that weighs a little more and is still cutting its teeth: the 5100. Dapper Dan; as stated, you already own the 7900 and have since bought the 5100 since this thread started...in all likelihood...you made exactly the right choice for you...congrats and enjoy the saw, then provide your honest feedback in a year...I guarentee you...the 260 will STIHL be kicking! I suspect your 5100 will be doing equally as well.

Best Regards,
OLY-JIM

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back