Help me pick a 40 cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawNoob

noob
Reaction score
Looking for some 40 cc saw recommendations , will be used mostly for firewood and yard work. I currently have a 362c-m so I'd like to try a 241c-m but I don't see them listed on the Stihl website. What other saws should i consider?

If I were voting with my wallet right now, on saws that are readily available, I'd buy a RedMax. Either an old-stock (but available) G3800 or a current Gz4500 or 4000.

Would love to have a ShinDaiwa 377.

I have a Dolmar ps401 that I like a lot.

The Ms241 is well-loved by those that have them, as is the Ps421 Dolmar. These saws, as well as the yet-to-come Husky 543xP are Heavy-Duty, Hi-Output for the 40cc class. The Stihl has the M-Tune.

The 'Big Two' put out some small homeowner saws that are generally well liked by those that own them.

only way to get a jonsered is to visit TSC here but husky dealers will support them but that is all i really know about them.
In that case the 435 is a great chioce as well. Also as stated above the dolmar 420/421 are also great saws. Dad has a 420 that he has had for 3 years now and absolutely loves it. I have a 2240 that I use for the small stuff and it is a great little saw. I can't speak for the 241 as I've never been around one.

If you have the money for the MS241, it sure seems like a great saw.

The Dolmar 421 seemed great the one time I got to run one. Unfortunately, I don't have any dealers near me, and they are few and far between around here.

never ran a dolmar since dealers and saws are non existent but they look great and agile. only saws i wont touch are the redmax since they say made in china on them.

The 241cm is getting good reviews, it's similar to the 261 which is fantastic

zyny9u7u.jpg

I love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear positive things about the 421 , I actually stopped into a small engine shop today to look at one. He didn't have one in stock but said he could order one and have it within 2 days. $350 out the door. I'll call the Stihl dealer tomorrow to ask about the 241c-m.

Another +1 for the dolmar 420/421. I have a MM'd 420, and it will really surprise you for a 42ish cc saw. . .really strong, and not bad handling.

I own a ms241c and im very pleased. The price is steep, but its Stihl quality. She is definitley a ripper!!!! Like anything it has its pluses and minuses. I feel it can cut side by side with my 550xp. You have to run one to see what im talking about.

I have no brand loyalty either. I have herd great things about the Dolly 420/421 and the Redmax 40cc saws. I would like to pick up a 420 or 421. My local Husky dealer is going to call me when the first 543xp comes in. Im sure that saw will be a ripper too lol.

Are you sure the g3800, Gz4000, and Gz4500 are Chinese?
i looked at under a redmax top handle last week at a dealer and it said made in china. not sure about the other models though so don't hold it against me.

I own a ms241c and im very pleased. The price is steep, but its Stihl quality. She is definitley a ripper!!!! Like anything it has its pluses and minuses. I feel it can cut side by side with my 550xp. You have to run one to see what im talking about.

I have no brand loyalty either. I have herd great things about the Dolly 420/421 and the Redmax 40cc saws. I would like to pick up a 420 or 421. My local Husky dealer is going to call me when the first 543xp comes in. Im sure that saw will be a ripper too lol.

i heard this from the husky dealer no lie but i never know what he is telling is true. he said there is a autotune flippy cap 365 in the making to replace the old 365.

Latest posts

Back