Help me pick my next saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wise8706

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for another saw. Right now all I own is the 550xp with muffler mod 16" B&C.

I need help picking out my next saw to go with my 2 saw plan. I'm looking at the husky 372 x-torq with a 24" B&C.

I'm just looking for something bigger than my 50cc saw that can handle a 20-24" B&C. Not opposed to the stihl saws either.

Opinions wanted! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going to be cutting hardwood with a 24" bar you will probably want 70cc class.

372 is a great saw, have heard good things about Dolmar, and 461 will really rip although its quite a bit more expensive too.

If you are going to be cutting hardwood with a 24" bar you will probably want 70cc class.

372 is a great saw, have heard good things about Dolmar, and 461 will really rip although its quite a bit more expensive too.

Yupp I'm thinking 70cc or bigger would suit me quite well. [emoji41]

Yupp I'm thinking 70cc or bigger would suit me quite well. [emoji41]

Just to throw it out there. I wanted a 70 cc saw this last summer but they tend to move pretty quickly if priced right. I was able to pick up a real clean 85cc saw from the trading post here for a fair price.

My local saw shop has the 372xp xtorque for 869$. I like keeping my business local but if I can pick one up for cheaper on here I'm not opposed to that either

Yep, I find it easier to get a deal on a bigger CC saw rather than the popular 60-70cc saws.

I may be looking for a 90cc later as a "big" saw that I can mill with also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My local saw shop has the 372xp xtorque for 869$. I like keeping my business local but if I can pick one up for cheaper on here I'm not opposed to that either

If you are looking at new, AS member @spike60 is a Husky dealer. I have purchased two saws from him and his prices (with delivery) are usually significantly less than what you can get locally.

Husqvarna 395 anyone? 72s are great midrange saw, but sometimes you need some beef. I have a 51 also for limbing, which is so perfect. Always use the smallest saw you can, that's less gas and stress on you. Trust me, for years I ran my 95 alone...dumb. With a 51,72,95, I've basically got everything covered. And 51's use so little gas and parts so cheap, you can cut forever. I find Huskys easy to work on, Stihls seem overly technical...just an opin, not a fight...

b79b82b05cd48a8e9075a9a36f701884.jpg

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I ended up with the 372 xtorque. I feel this will go well with my my 550xp. The 372 will be mostly for falling and bucking.

b79b82b05cd48a8e9075a9a36f701884.jpg

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I ended up with the 372 xtorque. I feel this will go well with my my 550xp. The 372 will be mostly for falling and bucking.

Congrats on a really good two saw plan!

Latest posts

Back