help quick...price a used 441 wrap for me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joesmith

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I ran into a guy last winter who wanted to sell me his 441 m tronic with a wrap for $600.00(barley used)....now I need the saw (did not tell him how bad) and I called him back. He now wants enough to get him into a 362...so now its up to $740...I think that is high but I told him to bring it in tomorrow morning.

I refuse to dicker over the phone, as people get phone tough all the time...so I have until tomorrow morning.

I think 650 is the max I want to spend....I am sure that the warranty is for the original purchaser only, and all I really need is a 362 or a 562 anyway.

So....is $650 fair, high...or should I grill him on the original offer?

i would grill him on the original offer just because. i can't speak for US prices but a barely used 441 m-tronic here is well worth $650. not to me but to a guy looking for a 70cc stihl it is. it's actually worth the $740 here considering they are $1200 new. i guess i would need to know what he considers barely used as well.

I think you can buy a new one for 900, unless prices have gone up. I got mine last year for 950 with 25 inch bar/chain...

I wouldn't sell my R for $740. I would buy another for that much though. Furthermore, is the saw still barely used another year later? Could it have had bad gas like phillip weelock's "like new" MS 261? We need more details on this R, like pics, location, and seller contact information.

Thanks

I wouldn't sell my R for $740. I would buy another for that much though. Furthermore, is the saw still barely used another year later? Could it have had bad gas like phillip weelock's "like new" MS 261? We need more details on this R, like pics, location, and seller contact information.

Thanks

Hahaha...it could have bad fuel, air leaks, whatever else, but I think the guy just wanted that saw...he works for a local stihl shop. It was too much for him to handle weight wise. Most around here dont buy saws that big which can work to my advantage.

I guess I am nervous about it because if it had a seal leak, the m tronic feature seems like it may compensate for that...also, warranty is a concern of mine...as in I have none. I want to pull the plug and have a little check in the cylinder...muffler too if he will let me.

Back