Help with 026 please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlKicking

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an 026 that idles and runs great. The saw can be hard to start after sitting up. When I move the master switch down to choke the flap on the filter choke seems to make a good and tight seal. However the throttle doesn't move at all. The black plastic parts that are supposed to open the throttle look intact but it's like their slipping past one another instead of catching and holding the throttle. No matter where I move the master switch the butterfly stays fully closed unless I pull the trigger. Does anyone have any experience with this and any suggested fixes? Thanks I'm stumped and everything else works great on this saw. I would really like to get this fixed before cold weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 026 that idles and runs great. The saw can be hard to start after sitting up. When I move the master switch down to choke the flap on the filter choke seems to make a good and tight seal. However the throttle doesn't move at all. The black plastic parts that are supposed to open the throttle look intact but it's like their slipping past one another instead of catching and holding the throttle. No matter where I move the master switch the butterfly stays fully closed unless I pull the trigger. Does anyone have any experience with this and any suggested fixes? Thanks I'm stumped and everything else works great on this saw. I would really like to get this fixed before cold weather.
You have to pull the trigger THEN put the choke on to set the fast idle / starting position. From here move the master lever up one position to start after the saw fires once on choke. Blipping the trigger will let the butterfly close and return to idle. You can check this without starting the saw with the air filter cover removed.

Back