hemostats for chainsaw repair or other use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGC4200

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have got by for years using needle nose pliers for small engine
fuel lines. I have taped up the handles to make them hold, but it
was a PITA.

It looks like long curved type would be better for fuel lines, but
a small set would be be useful in the tackle box.

What do you think or recommend?

They are fantastic for working on saws and other small things. My late father was a state trooper and he was always confiscating them from the roach heads, he'd get them back after the case had went through court. I've used them for years. A bench wouldn't be complete without them.

I was going to take a picture of the two i have,cant find them :(
must have got stoned and lost them !! :)
(jk)..

be sure to shave off any of the teeth on them if your grabbing for fuel/impluse lines. Look for a pair or long billed curved ones, actually get two of then one locking and one non-locking, they will become your favourite tools.

I have got by for years using needle nose pliers for small engine
fuel lines. I have taped up the handles to make them hold, but it
was a PITA.

It looks like long curved type would be better for fuel lines, but
a small set would be be useful in the tackle box.

What do you think or recommend?

Handy for Pike and Bluefish too!!!

When your eyes get older

Fuel line looks like a log next to 6 Lb. mono. fishing line.
Hemostats & magnifiers are useful tools when you get older.
I never used eyeglasses, but I carry a cheap pair of reading
glasses for close work.

They are great for soldering wire teminals, also good for a heat sink when soldering/de-soldering to protect circuit boards and such. And they work well for catching Hornets & other critters on your walls & windows.

John

I've been using them for years on small, hard to reach stuff. I broke the only pair I had about a week ago and I miss them bad, I didn't realize I depended on them so much. I got on evilbay last night and bought a new set, straight and curved.

Hemostats

Have a pair at home and it recently occurred to me I ought to have more:monkey:. Need some for the work toolbox. They've been on my list of things to acquire more of in the near future... and never get around to actually GETTING. Also on that list is a magnifier of some sort- I like the reading glasses idea. And a few more graduated cylinders as well as a whole lot of things I can't remember...

30 years ago while dropping stuff off at a community garbage dump I stepped out of the car in my thin rubber flip flops took 3 steps an found myself standing in a small field of old dental instruments. Some of the probes were stuck into the ground with the other sharp end pointing upwards. Anyway I carefull found a cardboard box and collected up dozens of probes, surgical scissors, dental pliers (including a vicious look parrot beak thingo) and a heap of hemostats. I used these a lot, gave many away and broke many over the years and realized a few months back I was down to my last working hemostat.

Back