High Cost of 2 stroke oil!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary: You are right....the cost of the mix oil is just part of the expense of "Sticking It" to the utility companies for those of us that burn wood for heat. I had just never realized before that the cost of that little 2.6 oz of synthetic oil was $ 0.75. I just posted it here for a bit of discussion....my wife doesn't seem to find these kind of facts very interesting. I know some of us worry about little details an awful lot on this site - I don't have a boat, don't go hunting, and don't have a subscription to Playboy......so sometimes I tend to think about stuff that is not too important at times.

I guess I would be afraid to do any kind of analysis on what it really costs to heat my house and garage with wood. In addition to my mix oil I would also have to include the cost of gas, bar oil, chainsaws, splitters, log haulers, wood storage building, OWB, etc. My utility cost this winter was only $ 70 a month for my house and garage......and I am too far into the investments to stop burning until I wear out my OWB. Currently I love not having to worry about how I will pay my utility bill.....and if I want to turn my heat up a degree or two or take a really hot bath - it only means I need to throw an additonal log or two in the OWB.

Sloch24: Yes, I do use a High Octane fuel in my saws and forgot to add the extra cost.....I only used the price of regular since I use that in my car and it was the price that came to mind when I posted.

Thanks to all my Cutting Buddies here that don't mind talking about saws, chains....or even oil every now and then.....it sure beats reality television for fun!

Last edited:
I bought a case of gallons last year, it's double the price now. I shoulda got a few more.

Latest posts

Back