Holzfforma g880 First Impression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question your signature has a lot of Husqvarna and Homelite in it, how can you talk up a company that has blantanty stolen a companies design, built it so cheap the cost is 1/3 of the OEM, and using dozens of knock off companies in china to build separate components to form that blue abomination you are so happy to have?
When are you going to purchase the holtzfforma knock-off husky, when can we expect your review for that?
Edit as Red was quoting:

I have a question your signature has a lot of Husqvarna and Homelite in it, how can you talk up a company that has blantanty stolen a companies design, built it so cheap the cost is 1/3 of the OEM?
When are you going to purchase the holtzfforma knock-off husky, when can we expect your review for that?
Less than 1/3..dealers are selling it at 540 shipped so we should be able to get it direct for around 450.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I have a question your signature has a lot of Husqvarna and Homelite in it, how can you talk up a company that has blantanty stolen a companies design, built it so cheap the cost is 1/3 of the OEM, and using dozens of knock off companies in china to build separate components to form that blue abomination you are so happy to have?
Edit as Red was quoting:
Here ya go
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtw-MqiEnI4GqDU-2WueFuUaVaQU1CI_A

Less than 1/3..dealers are selling it at 540 shipped so we should be able to get it direct for around 450.

Thank you sir for the the price correction, however it is the principles and morals of it.
How can you folks support and send your money straight to china for something you know the engineering and R&D is stolen?
Stihl employees 10's of thousands of people here in the USA with their factory in VA, support and distribution with Bryan Equip., and dealerships across this country "yes I know some dealerships are just there and only sale without servicing, warranty, or repairs"
Husqvarna did have factories in Georgia and Arkansas and I am sure they employ thousands of folks here to, but I am sorry to say I do not know enough about their company to know better stats.

Czed thanks I have seen a several of those videos and I am so happy when the buyers go through their little kits, next they are off to the husky and stihl dealer to purchase missing parts, parts that broke on the first use, etc.

Thank you sir for the the price correction, however it is the principles and morals of it.
How can you folks support and send your money straight to china for something you know the engineering and R&D is stolen?
Stihl employees 10's of thousands of people here in the USA with their factory in VA, support and distribution with Bryan Equip., and dealerships across this country "yes I know some dealerships are just there and only sale without servicing, warranty, or repairs"
Husqvarna did have factories in Georgia and Arkansas and I am sure they employ thousands of folks here to, but I am sorry to say I do not know enough about their company to know better stats.

Czed thanks I have seen a several of those videos and I am so happy when the buyers go through their little kits, next they are off to the husky and stihl dealer to purchase missing parts, parts that broke on the first use, etc.
They are all out of production models, no longer manufactured although old 880 stock will be around a while. Stihl has gone to a number of saws that are price inflated and quality deflated, that when they fail are often not worth fixing. These clones keep the reliable old designs relevant. Ms200t, ms360, 038, ms260, ms440, ms460, 365, 372, 272...the list goes on. There is obviously a vacuum in the market segment, saws in the Poulan Pro price range, of decent quality, that have more capabilities...

I truly don't care what anyone runs
It's a saw this is a saw forum.
Well it is sometimes I guess.
No way I'd want a 880 we have little tree's and lots of hills.

Plus stihl can suck it
I ran rs chain for decades and now it's 37.11 plus 6% sales tax on a loop of 84dl .50 gauge
And my local shops don't carry parts anymore can't get any anyway from Germany they said or saws.
Plus the last several oem stihl carbs I've used are stamped made in china.

And these will generate sales for Stihl Bar & chains to as I recommended in the video. I guess I don't get into the politics of it. Don't really care at this point. Sorry. If something is for sale and I can buy it, and its interesting, I'll put out the dollars. My channel is about saws. All of them. The difference is some groups are more engaging than others. The Husqvarna community and the kit saw community about the most engaging set of folks I've dealt with over the years, so I gravitate there. So my advise to you? Same as any one else. Vote with your dollars. Please. And actually I knew little to nothing about Stihls, until I did the 660's I didn't have a clue. It was THROUGH those experiences I actually got interested in the brand. I wasn't going there partly because of the attitude projected so full of pride and animus for anything different that isn't between the Stihl defined lines, partly price.. it took the clones to open my eyes to how cool some of the Stihl models are. 660's are a favorite. 461's now as well. So instead up getting your back up as these folks build obsolete models, move on and buy 500i's, 462's and 661's, see it this phenom for something that draws folks into the Stihl orbit as it did me. AND if you try and get on your high horse about who designs and who copies, remind me again how Stihl moved to three point spring antivib? And Autotune? How about the RS chain design? The heart of the true Stihl community are going for 500i's and 400i's with a glance in the rear view mirror at 462's. The folks that buy clones would never purchase a new Stihl anyway. And as I mentioned they will get folks to look at Stihl, like me, folks who NEVER would have other wise. So chill. Enjoy the latest and greatest stuff Stihl is marketing now , enjoy your peers doing the same and forget the past along with the obsolete clones that are actually one of the best marketing tools for the brand ever.

And these will generate sales for Stihl Bar & chains to as I recommended in the video. I guess I don't get into the politics of it. Don't really care at this point. Sorry. If something is for sale and I can buy it, and its interesting, I'll put out the dollars. My channel is about saws. All of them. The difference is some groups are more engaging than others. The Husqvarna community and the kit saw community about the most engaging set of folks I've dealt with over the years, so I gravitate there. So my advise to you? Same as any one else. Vote with your dollars. Please. And actually I knew little to nothing about Stihls, until I did the 660's I didn't have a clue. It was THROUGH those experiences I actually got interested in the brand. I wasn't going there partly because of the attitude projected so full of pride and animus for anything different that isn't between the Stihl defined lines, partly price.. it took the clones to open my eyes to how cool some of the Stihl models are. 660's are a favorite. 461's now as well. So instead up getting your back up as these folks build obsolete models, move to 462's and 661's, see it for something that draws folks into the Stihl orbit as it did me. AND if you try and get on your high horse about who designs and who copies, remind me again how Stihl moved to three point spring antivib? And Autotune? The heart of the true Stihl community are going for 500i's and 400i's with a glance in the rear view mirror at 462's. The folks that buy clones would never purchase a new Stihl anyway. And as I mentioned they will get folks to look at Stihl, like me, who NEVER would have other wise. So chill. Enjoy the latest and greatest stuff Stihl is marketing now , enjoy your peers doing the same and forget the past along with the obsolete clones that are actually one of the best marketing tools for the brand ever.
Have you tried that 61/272 they offer now?
Manny what'shisface fatmertec guy said on Facebook the 288 was in the works
Hopefully it's a lowtop.

Have you tried that 61/272 they offer now?
Manny what'shisface fatmertec guy said on Facebook the 288 was in the works
Hopefully it's a lowtop.
288, 394/5, 3120 all in the pipes

And these will generate sales for Stihl Bar & chains to as I recommended in the video. I guess I don't get into the politics of it. Don't really care at this point. Sorry. If something is for sale and I can buy it, and its interesting, I'll put out the dollars. My channel is about saws. All of them. The difference is some groups are more engaging than others. The Husqvarna community and the kit saw community about the most engaging set of folks I've dealt with over the years, so I gravitate there. So my advise to you? Same as any one else. Vote with your dollars. Please. And actually I knew little to nothing about Stihls, until I did the 660's I didn't have a clue. It was THROUGH those experiences I actually got interested in the brand. I wasn't going there partly because of the attitude projected so full of pride and animus for anything different that isn't between the Stihl defined lines, partly price.. it took the clones to open my eyes to how cool some of the Stihl models are. 660's are a favorite. 461's now as well. So instead up getting your back up as these folks build obsolete models, move to 462's and 661's, see it for something that draws folks into the Stihl orbit as it did me. AND if you try and get on your high horse about who designs and who copies, remind me again how Stihl moved to three point spring antivib? And Autotune? The heart of the true Stihl community are going for 500i's and 400i's with a glance in the rear view mirror at 462's. The folks that buy clones would never purchase a new Stihl anyway. And as I mentioned they will get folks to look at Stihl, like me, who NEVER would have other wise. So chill. Enjoy the latest and greatest stuff Stihl is marketing now , enjoy your peers doing the same and forget the past along with the obsolete clones that are actually one of the best marketing tools for the brand ever.
What are you talking about Stihl has had anti-vibration system for what 5 or 6 decades?
You are saying Stihl did not put out the money for R&D and cloned someone else?
Who did Stihl clone the fuel injection from then?

So I went and bought a Stihl bar. There were two options but not enough of a description to let me or the dealer understand the price difference

One was part number: 3003 000 7353
The other was : 3002 000 9753 , I bought this one. It was 102 dollars ( A STEAL ) vs. other option out there.
The other part number was lie 10 bucks cheaper so I assumed it was a laminate and the one I bought was solid.....but I have NO idea if that was true. Anyone know the Stilh bars enough to know what the difference is??

And to the Stihl folks....all these guy buying kits and clones eventually will walk through a Stihl dealers door. All of them. I certainly do and was a hard core Homelite then Jonsered guy before being educated on Husqvarna and Stihl. Would and did gravitate to Husqvarna and if it wasn't for the 660 kits would NEVER have walked through the doors of a Stihl dealer. Everything from spare parts as an upgrade to wear items like chain sprockets guide bars even two stroke oil mixes are now exposed to those with this stuff. The Stihl dealer's can sell these parts as up grades and once the style of saw is "hooked" over time the newer saws as folks want the "best" and do the typical human thing. This a a huge draw for folks many who would never consider the brand. And never new. How the dealers interact defines where the future of those purchases go. I have a great Stihl dealer. parts gut very open and welcoming...so I GO there because I had a need to early on with the 660's. Did again with planning the setup of this clone, Now have some Stihl brand bars on the way. Before that I went to the dealer for all the plastic control parts for all my 660's and those in the area who asked for advise ..I always point to the OEM. Same with fuel lines, impulse lines , fuel tank caps and seals, decomps, air filters...stuff that a person using a style of saw will continue to buy over and over year in year out. Handle bars upgrades. Clutch and bar oil parts...on and on. And there will be MANY times more of the blue clones and kits sold than the real ones because of the price, and those would would fork out 1500--2500 on a saw would NEVER buy one of these blue ones anyway so its a market expansion . ALL these do is expand the customer base needed maintenance and repair parts. That will be from those who buy OEM plus those with these kits and clones. A net positive. So chill. sell stuff. enjoy. Help folks move first to success with lower cost options and the higher cost sales will follow is my feeling on all this.

What are you talking about Stihl has had anti-vibration system for what 5 or 6 decades?
You are saying Stihl did not put out the money for R&D and cloned someone else?
Who did Stihl clone the fuel injection from then?
The 441 was the first Stihl w/ Husqvarna's "372/385 from the '90's" three spring style, as well as the Jonsered/Husqvarna style air cleaning with the flywheel. RS is almost a direct copy of LP and LGX. And the Autotune technology was originally Husqvarna in cooperation with others, Stihl bought into it. But here you going bit by bit battle and it's so completely pointless. Who cares really? Stihl makes awesome stuff. The new Fuel Injected 500i & 400i are their future not the saws of the past. Focus on that, Stihl customers will buy the new saw and won't even look twice at this old stuff. No clones will happen on the new Stihls or Husqvarna's until patents run out & they are obsolete, not even many spare parts for those newer saws either. And that is the heart of the OEM's business the saws they are selling now. Stihl and Husqvarna's markets are not effected by this low end stuff, no "pro" needing the best saw possible would ever go near a clone or kit saw, this is the hobbyist and enthusiast market, not the pro or even the typical landowner / homeowner type. And my point is ALL companies borrow designs , Stihl is no different than anyone else. But u are case and point why I avoided Stihl for so long, that attitude projected. It really doesn't matter whos on first what's on second. Stihl and Husqvarna BOTH borrow, current Husqvarna now have those t27's everywhere. Both make awesome models , and both have some not so great one. But both are awesome brands and I am a fan of models in both companies line up. So you won't get anywhere with your line of logic. I don't care. And my point is these kits and clones broaden the market for support and better repair options/replacement or upgrade parts. Husqvarna either was lucky or figured it out, there are lot of clone 372's with either OEM 50 or OEM 51.5 top ends and OEM ignitions. In fact the 51.4's are NLA. Wonder how THAT happened

Why don't you do something useful and bring a little information to the table about bars. What is the difference between those two , has to be something. You can focus on me but I really don't care. The stuff I have is old news, even this new clone...if its not me someone else will buy and evaluate. You help with Stihl understanding and knowledge, you in some small way will add to the future Stihl sales harvesting from this new market created by the clones and kits. Go all negative and folks will react as you saw up a few posts, and find other ways to interact with those selling things. I look at some of the kit focused facebook site......big numbers there. A huge market to till for the Stihl marketing types as new folks learn about the brand from the old designs.

The 441 was the first Stihl w/ Husqvarna's "372/385 from the '90's" three spring style, as well as the Jonsered/Husqvarna style air cleaning with the flywheel. RS is almost a direct copy of LP and LGX. And the Autotune technology was originally Husqvarna in cooperation with others, Stihl bought into it. But here you going bit by bit battle and it's pointless. But who cares really? Stihl makes awesome stuff. The new FI 500i & 400i are their future not the saws of the past. Focus on that, Stihl customers will buy the new saw and won't even look twice at this old stuff. No clones will happen on the new Stihls or Husqvarna's until patents run out & they are obsolete, not even many spare parts for those newer saws either. And that is the heart of the OEM's business the saws they are selling now. Stihl and Husqvarna's markets are not effected by this low end stuff, no "pro" needed the best saw possible would ever go near a clne or kit saw, this is the hobbyist and enthusiast market, not the pro or even the typical landowner / homeowner type. And my point is ALL companies borrow designs , Stihl is no different than anyone else. But u are case and point why I avoided Stihl for so long, that attitude projected. It really doesn't matter whos on first what's on second. Stihl and Husqvarna BOTH borrow, current Husqvarna now have those t27's everywhere. Both make awesome models , and both have some not so great one. But both are awesome brands and I am a fan of models in both companies line up. So you won't get anywhere with your line of logic. I don't care.

Why don't you do something useful and bring a little information to the table about bars. What is the difference between those two , has to be something. You can focus on me but I really don't care. The stuff I have is old news, even this new clone...if its not me someone else will buy and evaluate.
You are the one that tapped me on the shoulder pal with your excuses telling me I was on a high horse, I have not spoken a word to you.

You are the one that tapped me on the shoulder pal with your excuses telling me I was on a high horse, I have not spoken a word to you.
This was you not me. I was just reporting on something I experienced, sharing in a positive way. Point is you brought the "copy" into the equation as if it was a bad thing, not me.
And I quote :
"
I have a question your signature has a lot of Husqvarna and Homelite in it, how can you talk up a company that has blantanty stolen a companies design, built it so cheap the cost is 1/3 of the OEM?
When are you going to purchase the holtzfforma knock-off husky, when can we expect your review for that?"

My point was and still is copy/using/ being educated buy, selling spare parts into a market isn't new. Brodex copied Chevy, S&S Harley, Hyundai Toyoda. I'm not wildly excited by the concept being exercised by those across the Pacific. But I'm not going to ignore it either. When they do good, I report. When they don't ... same MO. Just shooting straight on what I see and find. Since this stuff is a part of the saw world...I look because it's what I do. Right before this was a Husqvarna 565. Love that saw. But you are right, not many Stihls....but if u look at the channel over time. I've been a demonstrated fan of the 660 design and the 461's. And yet again it's because on my channel I just simply react real time and straight up on what ever comes my way. No agenda other than to share the experience. Not selling a thing. Certainly not aftermarket parts and saw. Or OEM. nothing. Just reporting. And I will ask you a direct question. WHAT in this current exchange has done anything to make me or anyone who would watch my video's want to change a direction and follow you? And your advice? Funny thing is those who accuse usually are doing what it is that they see as offensive. I don't see any Husqvarna stuff in your presentation. You are A stihl guy. I See NOTHING wrong with that. In fact I respect your conviction. But you found a way to leverage my selection of saws...think about that for a second. That "attack" mentality is unique to the Stihl community. And I see this as a "zero minus zero" situation so nothing to loose. Folk like u you will react in a predictable way regardless of what I do, and I simply don't care. It's tough being a Husqvarna focused guy :)

Back