How 'bout a Slice of Humble Pie...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On chains that have a DL count divisible by 4 there will be no obvious "joint" in the chain.

I have been in the practice for many years of marking a tie strap or raker with a file to give me an obvious start/stop point. I tried the paint and marker technique but if a chain is a little oily or if the saw is still dirty the mark does not always come around clearly visible.

Lately I have even resorted to the lighted scope Stihl #1 gave me to have a close look at a sharpened cutter or two just to make sure. My work glasses are a step behind in the prescription and it does make a big difference for fine detail work. I have to bring the regular street glasses along if I know I will be looking at a micrometer.

I can still read the dial indicator with the old glasses but that only works on the simple stuff.

Mark

Go to the dollar store and pick up 10 pairs of those low magnification reading glasses and scatter them around the shop, living room and throne/reading room. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Aww shucks... all you'se guys is makin' me all happy and stuff... :)

Lotsa old farts around here huh? ...and a few young punks. :laugh:

Gary

ole Gary,

I'm concerned. With those eys of yours, are you gonna be able to produce the right mix ratio?

ole joat

I did today... 'cuz I was able to do this... :)

attachment.php

Me and my "limbing" saw... :laugh:

Gary

LOL, Just seen this. When ya get my age sometimes it's hard to find the saw. If you have several different files, forget about reading the stamping on the file. Been marking the first cutter for a while now or the chain might get sharpened three times.lol

youll be old when you start carrying mints in your pocket. i was over my parents a couple weeks ago. my mother picked a raddish from the garden and i figured id try it. now i know i dont like raddishes. i said now my mouth tastes like ass so my dad pulls a mint from his pocket. then i told him hes officially an old man now, cuse he was just walking around with mints in his pocket.

Yeah...reading micrometers every day....my arms are going to need to get longer to make it happen. Either that or bifocal safety glasses.

Trust me they will not help reading mic's. You will still take your glasses off.

Bill

Brag why don'cha!

Jeez,

ole joat

LOL!!

Leave 'em be. In about 5 years he's gonna remember that post. LOL!!!

My eyeballs are still 20/15, but most of my other sub assemblys could use a zerk fitting, or some shims LOL!!!

I swear I wasn't born with the feet I got now!
You see mine somewhere, lemme know!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back