How do you Answer "Can I borrow your Chainsaw?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A (Good) freind has asked to borrow my chainsaw! MY MS 361 no less.I am going to offer to come cut a bit of the big stuff if I find some time. but thats about it. I am going to politley apologize! "Thats one tool I dont lend out"
Lets hear of all the Good lines you folks have thought up in the past!
you shouldn't need to explain yourself to a mate, if you say no, and he doesn't respect your decision? and makes a fuss ? then he isn't really a friend at all, and your well shot. "real/true" friends are hard to come by, and real friends accept constructive criticism etc. there's friends, and there's friends, some friends only want to know you on their terms,when they feel like it/want something, others for egocentric gain/narcissistic supply. a genuine friend is like a brother/sister with an unconditional brotherly love. you may have differences from time to time, but they are always there when the shtf and quickly make up.

A friend of mine who is a pastor recently borrowed my pick-up truck to grab supplies at Lowes and home Depot, no biggy as I've loaned out just about everything i own over the years.

Problem was.....i loaned it to him with a full tank of gas and as he was returning it, he actually ran out of gas coming up my driveway.
He rolled down the window and said " you got some lawn mower gas you can put in it ? "

Some of them types would also have asked if you had any fried chicken for supper.;)

Make me think of the High Plains Drifter western movie when Clint was cleaning out the hotel and the preacher told him he could not remove his brothers and sisters. Clint said, take your brothers and sisters home with you then. The preacher re-treated fast leaving the folks behind..

Latest posts

Back