How do you Answer "Can I borrow your Chainsaw?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm okay with loaning out some hand tools or some particular power tools........to the RIGHT person.

But, when it comes to my OPE, it's just not gonna happen. There's plenty of others way more experienced than I am with OPE, but there's no one else that cares for it like I do. And for me, that's the defining factor.

I'm not in the habit of borrowing things from people. I'm not saying that it's never happened, but it is very rare that I ever would.

More times than not, I'll just buy what I need, and I'll buy the very best that I can afford. Because of this policy, I have some very nice tools of all kinds to do what I need to get done.

Just tell them no unless you go with it and that they cant afford your service.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I'd loan out a skidder before I'd ever loan out one of my saws.
Loan a saw and they may hurt themselves or, more likely, my saw. Neither are good. Loan a skidder and while sitting safely inside a "civilian army tank" they will destroy their splitter, their truck, their house, their garage. ---Priceless---

I'm not in the habit of borrowing things from people. I'm not saying that it's never happened, but it is very rare that I ever would.

More times than not, I'll just buy what I need, and I'll buy the very best that I can afford. Because of this policy, I have some very nice tools of all kinds to do what I need to get done.

Same here. I prefer to be self reliant and if that means shelling out some coin to get a job done I'll do it. One time use or not, I'll buy quality first every time.

Honestly I don't consider a chainsaw high dollar equipment. $1000 is pretty well a drop in a hat when comparing to heavy logging iron like skidders, bunchers, shovels, etc.

That's not to say that I'm rolling around in money by any means, but I've loaned out my skid steer to folks, a machine that cost me close to 30k (bought it used).

I absolutely understand what you are saying.

My point is and was that those who are ready, willing, and able to make complete restitution for the item they borrow from me, just as I borrow from them and will do likewise.

Someone who doesn't own a saw doesn't know how to maintain one or run it safely and shouldn't be allowed to borrow in the first place.

Come on...how hard could it be to use a chainsaw? You put gas in the gas tank, and used dirty motor oil in the oil tank, and let 'er rip.

Right??:nofunny:

My point is and was that those who are ready, willing, and able to make complete restitution for the item they borrow from me, just as I borrow from them and will do likewise.

Shagbark you are correct, where I come from it's called Man Rules. And I live by them!

Come on...how hard could it be to use a chainsaw? You put gas in the gas tank, and used dirty motor oil in the oil tank, and let 'er rip.

Right??:nofunny:
You betcha. The motor oil makes the saw look nasty, but no matter... Cuttin' big trees is real easy, you just hop in your tractor bucket with ladder and saw, stand the ladder up against the tree, and nibble away at the backside of the leaner until it starts to move and pop a bit. Like my neighbor is fixing to do here with his nasty saw:

BucketLadder.jpg

Latest posts

Back