How do YOU get your wood out of the woods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the set up local loggers use.

IMG_20120430_132610.jpg

101_1945.jpg

101_1946.jpg

101_1943.jpg

101_1941.jpg

Usually a tractor, but i don't own one. But i have 3 people within a mile that do the hauling for me. Did use the car trailer a couple of times, but can only fit about a tonne of wood on that and i can't get close on most of our land, mostly hills and crappy "roads". :)

Here's a pic of some cut up tops on the trailer and the neighbors antonio carraro with the 4t winch and a big car trailer, its a small, agile and there's not much it won't do if you know what you're doing. :) If you get stuck just handbrake the trailer, unhook it, drive away and winch it forward. You can get twice the weight of the tractor up some slippery and steep roads that way. :)

View attachment 283403
View attachment 283404

I like that helmet:msp_tongue:

I haven't any pictures but I use a Yanmar US35 (same exact tractor as a JD 990 except red) MFWD with a loader that has a skid steer quick change on it. I took a front plate and forks from a fork lift so I can set the width of the forks and pick up around a grand in weight. It won't pick up logs but I've never found a block it won't handle. I also have a grapple for the front loader but find the forks easier to use for logs and the handle more weight.

Ok, I did find a picture, not very flattering but a picture indeed......

283405d1362770051-tractor1-jpg

283406d1362770052-tractor2-jpg

You're supposed to back in Barney :D #### happens :msp_thumbup:

I should get myself one of those. Just a bit shorter version.

The only problem would be that i'd probably burn more then haul out, but what the heck :D
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pw22NSKi38A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You're supposed to back in Barney :D #### happens :msp_thumbup:

That is where I live and had cut a big pine (struck by lighting) and was using the top to make me a brim bed. First load went in easy, second load, well you see the results. Thank goodness for Jeeps with Warn 9K winches (and snatch blocks).

My skidder...
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid208.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb24%2Fmud_dog450%2F25c13d52.mp4">

Loading the trailer with the Bobcat. Only had a few days to borrow the Bobcat. It's on my to-buy list.
IMAG0354_zpsd4b6a6a6.jpg

My log mover...
IMAG0359.jpg

I usually carry my stuff to the road, but from the backyard up to the house i use this.

9607C753.jpg

From road to my pile, i use this:

CD4566F4.jpg

Don't mean to derail the thread, but how do you like the LED lights on the Grizzly?

They're simply amazing. So incredibly bright for the amount they draw. Theyre on the pricy side, but worth it if youre in the market for serious lighting that lasts ages. Theyre Rigid industry lights, extremely durable and dependable.

MOD EDIT: let's not be linking non-sponsor vendors, OK?

E1379EA7.jpg

1F93DFFE.jpg

Hard to tell from the pictures, definitely dont do them justice, but i can see quite a bit further than shown in the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, thank you! I've got an 02 Yamaha Grizzly 660 that I've rebuilt with a 686bbk and hi-compression piston. I'd love to have lights like that on it. Don't have to worry about blowing bulbs that's for sure.

Very nice! Definitely worth it if you ride at night, best modification ive made by far.

[video=youtube;JnV-dRw8byY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JnV-dRw8byY#t=4s[/video]

You got some real nice equipment to get your firewood out, you paid cash for it I'm assuming ;)

Of course! Loggers are just rolling in money. Everybody knows that. Or thinks they do. :msp_rolleyes:

Actually, none of the stuff I posted in those three pictures belongs to me. I've operated, driven, or run all of them at one time or another, but none of them are mine. Mine are ugly and some are quite old...but they are paid for.

Of course! Loggers are just rolling in money. Everybody knows that. Or thinks they do. :msp_rolleyes:

Actually, none of the stuff I posted in those three pictures belongs to me. I've operated, driven, or run all of them at one time or another, but none of them are mine. Mine are ugly and some are quite old...but they are paid for.

Let's see what you use.

Here's my wood hauler. Most of the time!

LoadofAsh.jpg

Here's what was used this last time! (thanks guys!) You can see Wetgunpowder aka Boyd getting ready to dump a load.

ysa7yzu2.jpg

And the support crew! http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/229335-3.htm#post4191617

282405d1362276878-gtg1-jpg

282411d1362277460-gtg6-jpg

Latest posts

Back