How do YOU get your wood out of the woods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish mine was that simple to repair! Mine sat in the weather for 3 years while my grandpa surcomed to lou gerigs disese. after his death i inherated it and there was water in every singe case:bang: complete tractor rebuild later and haven't regreted anything.

I've heard of one instance where the tractor was left outside for a few winters and water found its way into the tranny and the bearings had to be replaced. I try not to be too tough on the front end; the keys in the spindles wore out and the steering was pretty wobbly when I got it. Hauling wood barely works the motor; I run out of traction first. You've got a good-looking hauler with lots of family history.

e9usu9yr.jpg

9e5a2ury.jpg

aqadysyh.jpg

hysazedy.jpg

8ama8y2y.jpg

Looks familiar, only mine is the Polaris. Same color though.

Of course! Loggers are just rolling in money. Everybody knows that. Or thinks they do. :msp_rolleyes:

Actually, none of the stuff I posted in those three pictures belongs to me. I've operated, driven, or run all of them at one time or another, but none of them are mine. Mine are ugly and some are quite old...but they are paid for.

Just like me. :msp_thumbup:

I got a pickup and a saw..... :msp_mellow:

I've heard of one instance where the tractor was left outside for a few winters and water found its way into the tranny and the bearings had to be replaced. I try not to be too tough on the front end; the keys in the spindles wore out and the steering was pretty wobbly when I got it. Hauling wood barely works the motor; I run out of traction first. You've got a good-looking hauler with lots of family history.

I was lucky. Water ate everything but the transmission. I have the rear tires filled and it will still loose traction before it even thinks of stalling the engine. And it even only has the Wisconsin aenl 9.2 HP. Love that engine very torquey!

We all praise, dislike, argue, agree, on how to cut wood, what saw works best, what bar/chain combo to use and so on but, we still need to haul it all out. so what do you guys use to get the wood from woods to the stack? I use my 1961 Economy Tractor. It goes anyware and hauls anything! Oh and its been doing it for our family for over 50 years too!

View attachment 283386
View attachment 283387
my dad in 1968
View attachment 283388

also tills the garden pulls bush hog duty, casts the snow;
attachment.php

Is that a factory trailer? If so, what is the make/model? If you made it, aces!

No sir, the tires, axle studs, and lower portion of the cart were from a purchased trailer that I was very unhappy with so I built it to how I wanted it to me. Lots stronger, better ground clearance, better articulation, and wood storage. Here's some build pictures.

6aradyba.jpg

amezybuq.jpg

nybadunu.jpg

e5yteja9.jpg

u8yseheb.jpg

New 409 stainless bumper. Off topic but o well

y8e9u5a5.jpg

Powder coated

I thought I had more build pictures but apparently not?

Last edited:
For a long time when I was getting the permits for state land dead and down stuff.

scan0007.jpg

scan0005.jpg

For the last several years in my own woods.

trailerofwood.jpg

It also plows the drive way clean.

12-025-03PacerClearingDrive.jpg

A new addition is the Ford 5000.

120919_5029.jpg

going to build sides for my tri axel equipment trailer.

101Rpropaneand30.jpg

:D Al

Latest posts

Back