How do YOU get your wood out of the woods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built this little trailer for behind my quad last year........One of the best things I did... It's so handy and I've hauled a ton of wood with it. With the screen bottom, bark and other crap hardly ever builds up.

IMG_7240_zps69497b9f.jpg

IMG_7245_zpsa5cc6959.jpg

I used to do that too ... minus the nutsack experience. That wears you down real quick, especially going up hill.

I think I'd take the hill over the groin shot...at least for the first few trips!

1989 F-250 - 30' logging chain and one of them new fangled logging cones. Borrowed it from my neighbor to try out- works slicker than bull snot. No butt ruts. Slide wicked smooth- had a 30' maple pass me going down a hill but I caught up with her at the bottom. Had to get rid of my favorite overalls though. Couldn't Shout them out for the life of me.

1989 F-250 - 30' logging chain and one of them new fangled logging cones. Borrowed it from my neighbor to try out- works slicker than bull snot. No butt ruts. Slide wicked smooth- had a 30' maple pass me going down a hill but I caught up with her at the bottom. Had to get rid of my favorite overalls though. Couldn't Shout them out for the life of me.

:lol: first you would have had to get the seatcover out of your bum crack though?

Sadly right now the wood is getting burned in the woods.

We had that big blow last spring,(90MPH straight line) it took power out for a week, now I'm almost done burning up all the deadfalls and snags.

I have burned many heaping truck loads in the last few days, but just don't feel like handling the stuff more.

When dawn gets here it will be out for a few more bon fires, kind of sad, but with all the dead Ash trees my wood pile runneth over.

look at Kubota like Dolmar Not very well known but the quality and reliability are Top-Notch
Ive heard a few guys say the would run thei Kubota's with the Green tractors they used to be devoted too.
Sure Kubota doesnt make a 200hp tractor but they go up to 135hp and i wish they would keep goin!

Were currently looking at the Mx5100 Hst 4wd w/ self leveling loader.
For $32,000
the dealer quoted this-
Mx5100 tractor
Self leveling loader
rear wheel weights
Tires filled with liquid
6' HD box blade
6' Brush hog
2 SCV remotes
tire chains
pallet fork attachment

The JD dealer needless to say was $7,000 above that

Be careful, Mitch. Kubotas, like chainsaws, are addicting.

I've got three:
MX5000 gear FWD w/FEL
L4300 gear FWD w/FEL
B7610 HST FWD w/FEL & belly mower

Only one problem out of the three and that was an adjustment that was fixed in a minute.

Some of the best money I ever spent.

I'm never working far from my house, and my primary wood stacks. So, I was using the 15s cart behind my JD x728 in the winter when the mower deck was stored.

attachment.php

attachment.php

But that limited my retrieve season, so I cut a couple extra loads last year and rolled my revenue into another piece of equipment, this 10 year old Bombardier Quest 650.

attachment.php

Lets me meander through the hardwoods and pick off the standing dead Red Oak without cutting roads or even cart paths.

attachment.php

Small cart size forces me to take the breaks I so richly deserve between loads.

attachment.php

View attachment 289475View attachment 289476View attachment 289477View attachment 289473View attachment 289474

Latest posts

Back