How do YOU get your wood out of the woods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That truck reminds me of the short bus for some reason... haha only joking :D

But you got a pretty good load on 'er, definitely earning its keep :msp_thumbup:

And keep up the good work!

It was a VERY heavy load. Add on to that pulling the 853 Bobcat on the trailer and it was a good work out for the old Binder.

My td8 before I did some work to it. I pulls well I need to do some work on the brake band in the winch though.

I usually get Sasquatch to carry mine out but when he's busy I use One of my trucks(1966 Dodge 300 w/7x12 flatbed,1993 F250 diesel,2000 Dodge 2500 twin turboed cummins,1997 Dodge 1500 or the mighty Ford Ranger towing my trailer made out of a International truck bed) I like using the ranger and the 66 Dodge cause they are easier to load since both the newer Dodges are lifted sitting on 37's. Sometimes I use my 175 Massey with the loader to skid and load logs.

That truck have an 1800 series suspension? I had a 1970 1800 for 30 years and it went on after that for another 10 for the next owner.

Not sure. I know the truck started its life as a tanker fire truck. It had the wheel base shortened and the dump box installed by the owner before me. I wouldnt doubt the rear springs were beefed as a tanker. It has a HUGE leaf spring pack.

Not sure. I know the truck started its life as a tanker fire truck. It had the wheel base shortened and the dump box installed by the owner before me. I wouldnt doubt the rear springs were beefed as a tanker. It has a HUGE leaf spring pack.

Cool,..I have shortened up a good many big trucks for special purposes. Woods work is one of them, sometimes shorter is a lot better in the woods.

I had a mud truck/trailrider with the 345. I used to mash the pedal to the floor and let her buck, the valves would float around 4000rpm. The 392 was bigger bore and or stroke. They are a tough motors, kinda thirsty though. DF

Plus one on the turning radius, the 345 was a fine engine. Mine got better fuel mileage than my 1979 3/4 ton 4X4 with its 350 4 bolt main engine with 390 gearset.

I got 8 mpg cruising down the freeway foot to the floor doing 68 mph. I thought that was alright. My 1989 dodge 3/4 ton with a 360 and 4:10's could hardly do that.

I hate to tell you gentleman but my M35A3 deuce and a half get 13mpg on the highway and 11mpg on the mountain grades. That with an Allison automatic and a Cat 3116. However it's limited to 60mph and it weighs 13,300 empty.

eperenyj.jpg

Honda Trx500

y3yvamyq.jpg

Always looking for a better trailer, but these two get the job done for now.

Back