How much slower is spikeless climbing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

I agree.

Let's move onto some other dead horse topic, like topping trees.

And thanks, boo.

Start a new thread with :yoyo: topic, "How much faster is spikeless removals?"

Oh from the pro I get the boot.
Hey lissen I know that spikeless removals are faster safer and gemerally more fun.
But the learning curve to get to be that fast takes years of SRT. I mean there maybe a handful this capable, maybe only 50 world wide doing this profitably for a living.

Srt removals should be introduced into the tree worker domain.
Thoughtful considerations should be given to limb interference of life line while working aloft. Should srt only be used to access the tree?because of this. I mean you dont want to bomb life line 50 feet down the trree. I dont know why mbut my climbing line lucily has never stopped a falling branch.

Last edited:
sorry, not trying to flog a dead equine here......i felt it was a valid quesiton though (my original post in this thread)

:cheers:

Hit it again - the Horse Aint Dead Yet

A professional, commercial climber, who climbs only on spurs, does removals exclusively, who coaches me a lot on saw technique, ask me this week to show him what I know about rope climbing. His reason was not for how fast he can work. It was for how fast he can get down.

Spurring down takes both hands and both feet. Roping down takes one hand. Spurring down for the average climber takes just as much time as spurring up. Roping down takes seconds.

If you get cut in the top of the tree, do you want to spur down, or rope down?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back