How short is too short????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you find the ones who've done the courses rather than learning on the job

are the one's who've usually had a whole truckload of clueless PC crap brainwashed

into their heads from paper-shuffling rulebook thumpers who likely never did step foot outside of

their office cubicles

this is to short .
attachment.php

Thats pretty awesome Pac !! What is that , a 60" , what brand ?? :msp_thumbsup:

thats a custom bar made by an old friend that lives on the coast. it's a hp magnum . but seriously this is the original shot with a 36. still needs to be longer.
attachment.php

your right tramp.LOL. a friend shopped that the real pic is the 36er. i posted the second pic a while ago and waited to see if anyone caught it. i have a 42 and 50 cannon for it just don't get used much. just havin some fun.

I'm just an old chunk of coal, no, I mean a home owner-firewood cutter. Dead fall and blow downs with the occasional "big one" on the fence row kinda guy. Trees average 18 to 30+ inches.
20" B&C is most common on power heads in the 50-60cc range, and they seem to work.
My 2171 is one of the "bigger" saws in the circles I run in with a 20"-24' b&c and i throw the 28" B&C when needed.
I like the hi speed/fast cutting the 20" provides when bucking because lets face it,,who wants to stand around all day waiting on an under powered tool to get the job done. I enjoy cutting fire wood but it's still a chore. A job to be done and gotten over with so a guy can get home and enjoy the fruits of his labor,,and pop the cap on a cold and frosty.
Hell, I couldn't even handle, wouldn't want to handle some of these monster saws you guys use. I borrowed an 066 with 36" B&C a few years ago to drop a ?4ft dia.?,, the tree hit the ground, no where close to where I was aiming and the weight/size of that out fit put me in muscle failure!!LOL(it was a wide open pasture and I let every one know this is well out side of any thing I ought to be doing) I'll Never try that again!!!

I'll drink a toast to you guys out there knocking down the BIG timber, on steep terrain with monster big saws.

I think you small bar guys look at this completely wrong.

The longer the bar the more you can slay at the same time!!!! :msp_w00t:

Hey tramp... maybe they just have a case of micro bar so therefore envious of your big bar! :hmm3grin2orange:

actually today I ran an 18" bar on my little 50 cc Jonsred . 20" on my 372 . I was climbing and topping this small stuff around a guys house. . I didn:t want a longer bar. But then I was reachin the saw up not bending over.

Definatly need to get a new floating rim clutch drum for the Jred. it has a wore out bar and paddle wheel drum. in 325 no less. gonna go to 3/8 7 tooth. 20" . 72 CK. .
saw isn't a screamer, but it does ok.

Last edited:
Back