Husky 338 or Stihl 200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TreeCo said:
No it's not me. It's a well known guy on another tree forum.
Just a joke. Does the man in that have use of both eyes.

In my opinion limbing on the ground is very dangerous. I'm talking a tree that you just fell.
A guy I know told me that he don't wear chaps cause they are too hot.
And he has been logging for years no need for them he's carefull.
Well I seen him at a friends house looked down at his pants seen them ripped up by the ankle. Asked what happened.
Said that he tripped over a branch moving to the next one to cut off.
The man was lucky cause the chain only cut his pants and boot.
Then he said I'm going out to get some chaps. Till this day he never has.

Old timers are certainly set in their ways.

I used to go to the woodpile with my Grandfather. I watched him one day cutting a log, when he came out the bottom of the log, I dont know what happened, but the saw came back and bit him in the knee. The only thing that saved his leg was his knee-cap.

EVERYTIME I start up a saw, I think about that day, and what happend to him. It helps me pay attention to what I am doing.

TreeCo said:
I earned a 35 stitch cut to my leg in 1987 from a kickback cutting off a stump at ground level. I hit myself just above the right knee.

I have shown my scar to every employee I've had since then as part of our chains saw safety discussion.

It was the most valuable chainsaw lesson I have ever learned.... by an order of magnitude.

Nineteen years later my lesson hasn't faded a bit.

I would have 2 of those now if I didn't wear the pants............
Glad I was forced into it!

Tree, knock it off with the photos will ya.
Makes me not want to pick up my saws.
Yesterday I was out cutting fire wood. fell a tree using wedges. started limbing it. Lifted my saw just above my head. and stoped.
Started thinking about this fourm. So I lowered my cut and went on bucking.
Better safe then sorry working alone.

Latest posts

Back