Husky 372 XP questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodrat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So in my search for a new big saw, I came across a low hour husky 372, with a mild porting and polishing job, in pretty nice looking shape, with a new 24" bar and chain, for $460 shipped. Is this a pretty decent saw? I've been out of the new chainsaw loop for years, and happy with a pretty beat up 288, but that 288 has just gotten to be more trouble than it's worth. I need a saw that can rip occaisionally and run a 32" bar. Will the 372 fit that bill? I can't find specs on it in my last couple of bailey's catalogs...

Thanks!

i run the jonsered 2171 equivalent, it is an excellent saw. it has quickly become my favourite. use 20" bar for limbing and 24" for cutting and bucking.all the husky fans on AS love this saw as well. $400 is close to the max. you would want to pay, however if you can check it over thouroughly then your ahead of the game than paying the same amount off e-bay.

Well, I went ahead and bought it anyway. The work was done by a reputable saw shop in Oregon, and the seller says that he will work with me if the saw has serious problems. He has tons of positive feedback and has sold a lot of used saws. Everyone seems to be really happy with what they've gotten from him, and I need a new saw pretty bad and got tired of shopping. Wish me luck, and thanks for the advice!

woodrat said:
Well, I went ahead and bought it anyway. The work was done by a reputable saw shop in Oregon, and the seller says that he will work with me if the saw has serious problems. He has tons of positive feedback and has sold a lot of used saws. Everyone seems to be really happy with what they've gotten from him, and I need a new saw pretty bad and got tired of shopping. Wish me luck, and thanks for the advice!
Good luck. In the future, it takes 5 minutes to pull the muffler off and have a quick look at things. I hope you do alright on your purchase. Typically I would agree with Mike though, buy a new one, don't play around. Cheers.

Back