Husky 372XP or 562 question from a new guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree w/ others that have recommended keeping the 372xp and going with a 70/50cc 2 saw plan. A 60cc saw is too much of a "tweener" saw to me, it's not a small saw and it's not a big saw. Get a shorter 18-20" bar for the 372 and a strong running 50cc with a 16-18" bar for smaller wood and limbing. I'm really liking my 372xp/350 combo, I feel like I can pretty well tackle anything with those two saws.

If you're sold on going the 60cc route(it sounds like you are to me), I would recommend sending it off to a builder and getting it ported. A ported 562xp should be able to pull a 24" bar with authority...

I think a 562 is the most impressive 60cc saw there is..stock and ported
They run good. I like them ok but a 359 or 357 feels better to me. I did run a 262 a good bit last Saturday and it was pretty impressive but I still think a 357 feels better.

I think you're trying to save a lb and going to end up with something that will tire you out more trying to work the bigger cookies up with a 562 and maybe a 24" bar.

They run good. I like them ok but a 359 or 357 feels better to me. I did run a 262 a good bit last Saturday and it was pretty impressive but I still think a 357 feels better.

I think you're trying to save a lb and going to end up with something that will tire you out more trying to work the bigger cookies up with a 562 and maybe a 24" bar.

Im a big 357 fan too mike , i think its on my ultimate firewood saw list..i sold my nos one to paul hill..im still pissed i sold it.:(

Im a big 357 fan too mike , i think its on my ultimate firewood saw list..i sold my nos one to paul hill..im still pissed i sold it.:(
I traded mine off for a 064 that turned out to be a project saw. Dumb mistake on my part also.

Thanks for the extended reply/feedback.

Trying to decide whether to minimize the weight on a saw I already own or buying a lighter replacement saw is the point of my thread. Y'all sold me on the 372 in the first place, so maybe this isn't the best forum to ask the question as most of the comments have predictably been "keep the 372". Not saying the opinions are wrong, just saying. I like the saw, but my back doesn't. That's all. No more no less.

Again, thank you sir and everyone else here for all the helpful comments and opinions.

Edit: this was supposed to be in response to Weedkilla's post on this page. Didn't load for some reason.
You can try a lighter bar and chain for less than $50.
You know your local market - what will it cost you to sell the 372 and buy a 562?
Adding a second saw that is MUCH lighter and easier on your body than either of those options will cost $100-$835. Plenty of options at about $300.

All three choices will work, all will make your body a bit more comfortable.

Good luck.

I agree ideally the 2 saw plan. But I think you do too. What's financially viable is a different thing though.
I had the same issue. I had a 550xp that I love, but it was too small for a lot of what I cut. Loved the feel of the 550 and wanted a bigger saw that felt the same, just wasn't sure if a 562 would be big enough. Ended up with a 372xt. With the intention of selling the 550... I never sold the 550. Still have both n still love using them.
Sounds like a ported 562 will probably work if you go one saw.

The 562 will do everything your 372 will do with bars up to 20"
I agree that over 20 and the 372 starts to pull away.
It's always a compromise.
The 562 is in a different league as far as handling and fuel efficiency. Mine is very easily my favorite saw and the one I grab more than any other.

How about this; if money is too tight for a 550xp, how about buying a good $100 50cc Poulan or other off brand quality saw?

I have a 550 and a 562, both ported by Mastermind. This is the first time I ever put this in print, but everybody is right. The 562 is the perfect one saw plan. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a perfect one saw plan.

If I had to sell one or the other, I'd sell the 562 and that's really saying something because I love that saw. However, I have a couple of bigger saws that are really better for the big stuff (though the 562 can handle it) and the 550 is the one I always reach for when I'm cutting wood under 20" (which is almost always).

Back