Husqvarna 346XP Brand New!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snarkgrad

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Howdy,

New to the forum but I've been researching this saw on this forum extensively for about a month. Here's the story:

I decided of the "new" saws I was considering I figured the 550xp was the best suited for my needs, wanting a pro saw thinking it would be resilient and naturally I made the huge mistake of buying one off eBay. Of course I believe I had thought to ask everything and all of the right questions but again, this being my first saw, naturally forgot to ask exactly what year the damn thing was. When it arrived I took it to the local dealer where they compression tested it and stuck a camera in and decided it looked clean enough.

Took it out last weekend only to find that there was a vapor locking issue along with an air leak which must have formed as I was quartering/limbing which I learned was a common 2012 issue. I've had the saw a minute now without being able to use it and it's a bit far gone now for some kind of eBay justice and to be honest I am pretty disenchanted with auto tune and want to give a traditional carb a chance anyway. so I decided to just eat the majority of the purchase, but am still getting a bit of money for it by selling it to a coworker (full disclosure).

When I went into the Husqvarna dealer and mentioned this, and then brought up that I was bummed that they didn't make the 346 any longer, it was then when he went in the back and pulled out a 2012 346xp that had been almost entirely forgotten about. Still has original tags and stickers on it, and has never even had so much of a tank of gas run thru it.

Needless to say folks, I'm ecstatic. Also, it's not the E-Tech version (which I'm not entirely sure what that is)

Just thought I'd let you folks know that I've just bought a brand new 2012 346xp, and if anybody has any good or bad stories about this saw/recommendations I'd love to hear it.

Great saw. Give it a few tanks to break in. Stock 346's are pretty anemic the first few tanks. They are nice saws once broken in and amazing little saws once ported. A muffler mod is a good start but nothing like a well ported one.

Brad Snelling has done virtually all the ported saws I own/have owned

@blsnelling

To be fair there is a list on another thread of all the porter's & then some on AS
"Who Ports Saws"

Should be a sticky imo

I recently had a Husky 350 built with a 346 oem top end & 357 carb & intake
by @deaves61 . That's the set up I'd recommend for the 346

Nice score, NOS 346 are getting hard to find, especially ones that aren't asking $600-700+.

Brad Snelling has done virtually all the ported saws I own/have owned

@blsnelling

To be fair there is a list on another thread of all the porter's & then some on AS
"Who Ports Saws"

Should be a sticky imo

I recently had a Husky 350 built with a 346 oem top end & 357 carb & intake
by @deaves61 . That's the set up I'd recommend for the 346

I have the same setup in one of my 350s...rebuilt and woods ported by @Red97 and it flat out rips!

This is my current project, an '04 OE346 getting a new(used) OEM 42mm top end...plan to delete base gasket and muffler mod. Got this saw cheap off eBay but it needs some work.

20160619_132418.jpg

Latest posts

Back