Husqvarna 346XP Brand New!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do I, but I haven't used the 353 for anything but cutting up planks and pallets after getting a NE346xpg in 2007. Imo, the performance difference is larger than the specs indicate.
I've run both awhile back but can't really remember much difference, I ran my 362XP that same day and remember it was much better than those two...

Much stronger / faster, but I wouldn't say better. ;)

Exactly, there are several flaws with the 362xp design, like a small engine on a saw body designed for a larger one (heavy and bulky for its cc size), an inboard clutch (meaning it doesn't handle really well + some technical disadvantages), a clutch cover mounted chain adjuster (not good for "noodling") - or a front mounted one, depending on the exact version.

There are no disadvantages with the 346xp, they just got it right, including the excellent quad long transfer engine.

So do I, but I haven't used the 353 for anything but cutting up planks and pallets after getting a NE346xpg in 2007. Imo, the performance difference is larger than the specs indicate.
What's up ST.
You've been talking about those saws for years, do they have cameras up in the North country there:picture:, how about a few pictures:).
Or do you want me to post a few for both of us;).
All I know is :thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:.

What's up ST.
You've been talking about those saws for years, do they have cameras up in the North country there:picture:, how about a few pictures:).
Or do you want me to post a few for both of us;).
All I know is :thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:.

There hasn't been many pictures after Witchy left us, for a couple of reasons. I'm not going to elaborate on that.

There hasn't been many pictures after Witchy left us, for a couple of reasons. I'm not going to elaborate on that.
Ok, in that case I'll post a few since you "like" mine most the time I figure that will be ok:). The green cap on the oe was just a replacement;).20160621_160914.jpg
The ne will more than likely be taking a ride since I'm a bit heavy in the 50c area :D, what a nice problem to have :laugh:.20160618_191823.jpg
And last but not least the plank cutter:laughing:.20151122_215819.jpg
Which I have in the husky variety and the red version just to keep things spiced up a bit. Had the joy of running the red plank cutter and the oe this week:).20160620_222949.jpg

Ok, in that case I'll post a few since you "like" mine most the time I figure that will be ok:). The green cap on the oe was just a replacement;).View attachment 509914

I figured that out, as the starter decal doesn't say "e-tech"

The ne will more than likely be taking a ride since I'm a bit heavy in the 50cc area:D, what a nice problem to have :laugh:.View attachment 509915

I like the saw, but I dislike the bar that is on it - a wide tip Power Match isn't suitable on a saw that light.

I figured that out, as the starter decal doesn't say "e-tech"

I like the saw, but I dislike the bar that is on it - a wide tip Power Match isn't suitable on a saw that light.
That comment in regards yo the green was more for others here who are unaware, not the hard core husky crew:).

I agree, that with you about the bar, would be great on the 359 lowes special.
It is a 20" and I prefer an 18" on them for reach, and better balance.

And last but not least the plank cutter:laughing:.View attachment 509923
Which I have in the husky variety and the red version just to keep things spiced up a bit. Had the joy of running the red plank cutter and the oe this week:).View attachment 509926

My 353 is a "plank cutter" just because it isn't as good as the 346 and 2153, and because of the .325NK bar and chain that is on it (chisel isn't great for that use) - not because it is a bad saw.

A 353 will beat an 026 in the cut any day, despite a lower power rating, and the detuned 44.7 mm US MS260 by more.

Brad Snelling has done virtually all the ported saws I own/have owned

@blsnelling

To be fair there is a list on another thread of all the porter's & then some on AS
"Who Ports Saws"

Should be a sticky imo

I recently had a Husky 350 built with a 346 oem top end & 357 carb & intake
by @deaves61 . That's the set up I'd recommend for the 346

I like this post. Twice. OK carry on.

My 353 is a "plank cutter" just because it isn't as good as the 346 and 2153, and because of the .325NK bar and chain that is on it (chisel isn't great for that use) - not because it is a bad saw.

A 353 will beat an 026 in the cut any day, despite a lower power rating, and the detuned 44.7 mm US MS260 by more.
I believe you on that..I've owned several 026s and haven't had one yet that I thought performed like it should. I just rebuilt another one and tuned it a bit, I'll check it out next week and see if it's any better..

94ea6e9a73121db16def9ae3ac9fa1de.jpg

Latest posts

Back