Husqvarna Air Injection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read it again, I said he would. He's an animal. He says the Stihl is stronger that way, but he's full of crap. He has a PILE of dead Stihls in the back of his truck. I have exactly 2 saws, both run, and have for a few years now..I am a lot nicer to my stuff. Hell, he runs over more saws in a year than I have ever bought.

Ya got two and they run, well now. Oh ya freind is a animal, oh my.

Oldtimer ya see that there mouintain over dare, I'm gonna climb that mountain one day. Ya think maybe you could come along with them two saws ya got that run and maybe together we can saw us down a tree or two, bring ya gloves, don't want ya fingers getting cold from da air injector now.

Oldtimer how old are you?? I'd like to know how many years it took you to get that full,LOL

Can't answer that question, but it does work well. I clean my air dilter once a year. Even then, it's not plugged. My buddy's Stihl needs the filter cleand 2x a day...POS...
One bad thing about the air injection: In winter it blows cold air directly on your left hand fingers. THAT sucks.

:notrolls2:

I thought Stihl had a similiar system on new models. Does the Husky air 'whatever' draw in more air altogether? cuz, in some conditions I'll be a scrapin and pickin plenty of chips pluggin up the intake. otherwise, filter gets tapped out about every fueling and a good cleaning twice a day. I can feel it getting rich otherwise.

Ya got two and they run, well now. Oh ya freind is a animal, oh my.

Oldtimer ya see that there mouintain over dare, I'm gonna climb that mountain one day. Ya think maybe you could come along with them two saws ya got that run and maybe together we can saw us down a tree or two, bring ya gloves, don't want ya fingers getting cold from da air injector now.

Oldtimer how old are you?? I'd like to know how many years it took you to get that full,LOL

Go take your meds, Melvin.

:notrolls2:

I thought Stihl had a similiar system on new models. Does the Husky air 'whatever' draw in more air altogether? cuz, in some conditions I'll be a scrapin and pickin plenty of chips pluggin up the intake. otherwise, filter gets tapped out about every fueling and a good cleaning twice a day. I can feel it getting rich otherwise.

I use the "winter" filter year round. The "fiber element" filter will plug a lot quicker.

I use the "winter" filter year round. The "fiber element" filter will plug a lot quicker.

same here. icing is more of a problem with the fiber element (felt filter?) too, I'm told. I think in my case it's just nasty conditions all around that make for more cleaning. glad for the technology though.

Hey Oldtimer, is your air filter crio treated too, You clean it once a year! get real.:dizzy:

Air injection is good but it ain't that good.

Last edited:
I find that people in northern ny, New Hampshire, Vermont ,and Maine all dislike Stihls. I went to college at PaulSmiths College in the Adirondacks and they all hated stihls. Good thing i already liked Stihls and didnt believe them lol. They talked so much trash about stihls i almost believed them and switched teams.

Hey Oldtimer, is your air filter crio treated too, You clean it once a year! get real.:dizzy:

Air injection is good but it ain't that good.

I can't remember the last time I cleaned them. Don't care if you like that statement or not. I clean them when the saw starts loading up.

I find that people in northern ny, New Hampshire, Vermont ,and Maine all dislike Stihls. I went to college at PaulSmiths College in the Adirondacks and they all hated stihls. Good thing i already liked Stihls and didnt believe them lol. They talked so much trash about stihls i almost believed them and switched teams.

I know a lot of loggers. Most all of them run the Huskys. My buddy runs the stihls because they usually have a tiny bit more power, and they have an extensive parts pile already. That, and he's a stubborn prick who sticks with whatever he decides he likes. I point out that the Stihls have weak points like the bars and tanks that he has to fix weekly...but he smiles and says "I don't have to buy the parts"...as long as the owner will buy parts, he'll run the stihl.
Me, I stick with the better dealer around here, the Husky dealer.

I should add that the co. owner bought a new Dolmar (a big mother, was heavy) and it RIPPED, amazing power....but it wouldn't stay together. It vibrated itself apart every few hours. My buddy just tossed it to the back of the shop and forgot about it.

Last edited:

Well that's good Josh, you don't want to go to the dark side. You mount that 3/4 on your saw yet?

Stihl bars are far superior to huskys at least they used to be. some people will break and smash anything you give them i guess

nah i just got home i will mount it up tomorrow after work let me know how you make out with that beast 064 hope it works out well for you.

Back