Husqvarna and Stihl warrenties

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhmcus

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
All

After owning a Husqvarna chainsaw for a couple years and having no problems with it and now shopping for a brushcutter and a new saw. Ive been looking at equipment built by both Husky and Stihl. It seems as with most purchases you get what you pay for. One thing I have noticed it seems the Husqvarna has a 2 year warrenty on most of their saws and brushcutters and stihl only has a 1 year warrenty. Does anyone know the reason for this other than thats what Sthil and Husky choose to do? Can the quality of the equipment be implied with the length of the warrenty? The just of the question is are Husky's on an average more reliable than Stihl?

Thanks

Rich

Nothing can be implied by the warranty length. Both are fine and reliable brands. Sometimes the underdog will offer long term warranties (like Hyundai for example) to attact buyers, but that's not the case in the brands you mention.

Warranty length is strictly a marketing tool. Also keep in mind that all warranties cover "defects in materials or workmanship". Such defects, if they exist, will usually show up pretty quick. The longer warranty would only be an advantage if you aren't going to use the saw very much, giving a potential defect more time to show up.

One thing that I was suprised at and only found out a couple of weeks ago is that 044's and larger are only 90 days no matter who buys them (except for rentals).

Just going to interject my $.02 about my Husky brushcutter. I bought a 232R at the beginning of the season from a local dealer who gave me a GREAT price. It is a fantastic machine, it makes GREAT power. I look forward to many dependable years of service! BUY ONE!

Latest posts

Back