Husqvarna T435 top handle saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob066

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Iam wanting to get a medium priced top handled saw. I was thinking of maybe a Husqvarna T435. I was wandering how these saws are. I think they may be made by Redmax. Iam not sure though. If anybody owns one of these saws what are your thoughts of them? Thanks in advance Rob

Not a bad saw for the coin. Has decent power and runs very smooth. Balance is better than the 338xp IMO. Tree service purchased one as a back up and has approx 15 tanks through it with out issue. That being said, they are no 338 or 200T. For the Average land owner, they will last a long time.

It's definitely a rebadged Redmax GZ3500T. Was in a dealer's this weekend that had both the Redmax and Husky offering.

Seems like a good lay-out as far as design goes...but haven't ran either. Heck, I'll be honest, the only the top-handle I have put enough time on to "know" is a 192t.

It's definitely a rebadged Redmax GZ3500T. Was in a dealer's this weekend that had both the Redmax and Husky offering.

Seems like a good lay-out as far as design goes...but haven't ran either. Heck, I'll be honest, the only the top-handle I have put enough time on to "know" is a 192t.
Not to "hijack" the OP's thread...
But what is your opinion of the 192T..? I use mine a lot and never a problem.
A few say they are "wimpy"...Just removing the muffler screen made a BIG difference on mine.
:cheers:
J2F

I can't say anything regarding the Husky but has the OP considered a Dolmar 3410TH? Not sure if the prices are comparable stateside but I think the Dolly would be a far superior saw build wise.

The Dolmar is a good idea and has good specs...
The problem here in the States is the Dolmar dealers are widely displaced..!!

Here in the South..
I could send out the hounds and they'd die of old age before finding one..!!

I really wish there was a Dolmar dealer close by...if for nothing else..a little competition..!!
J2F

Stick a 12" bar on the t435 and away you go, ive done a fair bit of cutting with mine from pruning to large dismantel's. She is a cracking saw for the price and ive had no issues other than a new brake band, definitely second to the 200t thow but £200 cheaper.:msp_thumbsup:

Iam wanting to get a medium priced top handled saw. I was thinking of maybe a Husqvarna T435. I was wandering how these saws are. I think they may be made by Redmax. Iam not sure though. If anybody owns one of these saws what are your thoughts of them? Thanks in advance Rob

good for the money / got about 10 hr.s on mine/have yet to put full chipper chain on mine/wouldnt take out very large top with it/ill pull up my poulan 25da for that

Not to "hijack" the OP's thread...
But what is your opinion of the 192T..? I use mine a lot and never a problem.
A few say they are "wimpy"...Just removing the muffler screen made a BIG difference on mine.
J2F

I have no basis for comparison. I'm a brush-dragging grunt who gets along with the crew foreman so I get to do a lot more than most...sharpen and run the saws is among them.

Never used anything smaller than an 028 before this job. I was impressed with what a 30cc/14" with safety chain can do. Usually cut stuff 8" and smaller with most being around 3-4" hardwood. Ours' is stock.

Starts like any other Stihl for me. Cold=1 or 2 pulls on choke+1 or 2 pulls on high idle Warm=1 pull

You do have to "manage" the power that is there but we do line clearance so it actually gets used for felling and stumping small stuff quite a bit too. (I ain't walking back to the truck for the our 391...I hate it...AND there's no sense in it if it can be done with 14".)

I don't like the kill-switch, and can't imagine why they put both tanks up front. Outboard clutches are a pain the rump. That's my negatives. I don't like the kill switch on any TH saws that I've seen. To me it should be in front of the throttle. Pull to give it gas and and straighten the finger to kill it, have the button on top to "reset" the kill button to the "on" position. That's all just personal preference though.

Good saw for the buck. I like it way more than a 192 power-wise. I do, however, find the Husky/Redmax topper to be more than a little on the clunky side. The exhaust location is cool. Makes it a little less likely to burn your leg if it is hanging off your hip.

if you are limbing and expect snappy throttle response in stock form they suck and will flood
removing the screen alone will improve abit of performance, you need spline s/driver to tune
without it you can only fine tune because the limiter will block from going further

anyway i MM mine and it woke ALOT and runs WAAAAY better
i bet it could pull 18" with the power it has right now

Latest posts

Back