Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two 25" from them. The coating is very hard wearing,I had hoped the" for the working man" would wear off quickly but I think it will outlast the bar, Stihl should learn how to coat their bars like that.... otherwise not super impressed but they are very cheep and I expect they will improve them quickly.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

I Bought two 28's for stumping I Figured it would be perfect for that ! and should be able to stump for a life time

I Bought two 28's for stumping I Figured it would be perfect for that ! and should be able to stump for a life time
That's pretty much what I'm doing with mine. I have a couple of hundred very old native stumps about 10 foot high that have been dead for maybe fifteen years, full of dust and dirt. Great firewood but very hard on gear.

Does anyone know when the 090 66mm complete built saw or piston and cylinder might be available from Hutzl? Also, does anyone know if or when they might be putting these out in kit/parts form?

I respect the real Stihl saw owners, but unless a miracle happens, I doubt I will ever see a real one, nevertheless own a real one. Do I need one? No, but if or when I ever do, it would be awesome to bring it out and cut down whatever might need it.

;)

Remade my 070 video.

Then I found another issue. The air filter is all jacked. There's two locator pin holes on the filter But no locator pins on the case.

So I sealed up those with silicone and greased the intake flange good.

I'll do my best to use this chainsaw as much as I can to let you all know how it holds up for $265 dollars. 20170703_171854.jpg
20170703_171901.jpg

I think the filter is correct. It sits in a groove and then the protrusions on the filter push against the cover and it stays in place.

I see what your saying that some foam or something around the opening looks like it would be helpful. The saw is a copy, so that is the way they made them. Others have also seen a need for a better filtration system. it's kinda ugly. But looks effective.

filter 090.jpg

filter 090 1.jpg

I looked a little closer and show some photos here of both sides of the filter. the groove goes on bottom and the protrusions are marked and the three protrusions on the cover are grouped together and should be tight offering the grip it provides, just no seal beyond that. Having the filter loose so you can keep it clean might be better than having it glued in place. although if the silicone dries on the filter first it might offer some seal, you will just need to tell us. there is not much room in that small groove and the silicone could interfere, just have to look at it from that angle and see.

i could not find a better option, still looking. to all you mericans happy 4th

filter cover.jpg filter 1.jpg filter 2.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I looked a little closer and show some photos here of both sides of the filter. the groove goes on bottom and the protrusions are marked and the three protrusions on the cover are grouped together and should be tight offering the grip it provides, just no seal beyond that. Having the filter loose so you can keep it clean might be better than having it glued in place. although if the silicone dries on the filter first it might offer some seal, you will just need to tell us. there is not much room in that small groove and the silicone could interfere, just have to look at it from that angle and see.

i could not find a better option, still looking. to all you mericans happy 4th

View attachment 588723 View attachment 588724 View attachment 588725

The red stuff was just grease The blue was silicone

The grease thing is an old dirtbike riders trick I Use grease to seal the edges of weedeater filters all the time Maybe that's why my Stuff keeps running

We used to grease motocross bike air filters on the base to trap dust, but I haven't seen it done on chainsaws, although I use Vaseline on one very poor fitting filter. Is grease on the base the"thing" to do like it was on the crossers?

We used to grease motocross bike air filters on the base to trap dust, but I haven't seen it done on chainsaws, although I use Vaseline on one very poor fitting filter. Is grease on the base the"thing" to do like it was on the crossers?

Sorry to interrupt

Grease sounds like a great idea. Like I said it has no seal like foam. Dirt and saw dust are very close so if it works on one it should work on the other.

i ended up greasing the whole filter on both sides but that's overkill Honestly I Bet the actual stihl filters were this horrible

if you look at the pictures of people using these saws overseas they don't even run an airfilter lol

Yeah it's funny and a bit like any machinery, buy it new and treat it well and its reliable , then it gets old or not respected , so no maintenance, and it starts to give problems, so respect is gone and now it's a piece of !##!.
Problem is if we start with a new thing that people already tell you could be a piece of !##! Then there is no respect from the start and it pays you back. Human nature. If you hate on a machine I recon it shouldn't be a surprise when it's that machine that breaks.

Absolutely. I'm an old engine nut, all of my round the house machinery is older than me if possible and if it breaks I fix it which means respect when it's used. I have a husqvarna 45 I bought new when I was eighteen and I'm told it's crap. Problem is it's not crap at all it's worn out many bars many times many chains and quite a few sprockets and that's it. Never ridden hard and put away wet.

Yeah I hope anybody wanting to buy a saw like that For that kind of money does research first :/ That being said I've really never used a 090-070.
But I Imagine that its close to a real saw.
The real test is to find somebody with a real one that's stock and Run both of them for awhile in different tasks. most say the 090 is a slow cutter anyway
I Feel the power of my 070 clone is about the same as my Partner K1200 MK2 Cut off saw.

I Used it today to remove some stumps and cut some big branches that had fallen down last night with this little thunderstorm that rolled through

Just above idle works fine for small stuff lol

I Was looking up pictures of the real 090 air filter and those holes seem to be plugged up on the real 090 air Filter but I Am not sure

Yeah I hope anybody wanting to buy a saw like that For that kind of money does research first :/ That being said I've really never used a 090-070.
But I Imagine that its close to a real saw.
The real test is to find somebody with a real one that's stock and Run both of them for awhile in different tasks. most say the 090 is a slow cutter anyway
I Feel the power of my 070 clone is about the same as my Partner K1200 MK2 Cut off saw.

I Used it today to remove some stumps and cut some big branches that had fallen down last night with this little thunderstorm that rolled through

Just above idle works fine for small stuff lol

I Was looking up pictures of the real 090 air filter and those holes seem to be plugged up on the real 090 air Filter but I Am not sure

with governor defeated i feel 070's got good revs and power compared to other rev limited big saws. the only con is their lower range of power rpm cutting.

my 070 090 i had will literally pull me into the wood, with rakers set low and good cutter hook

old school filter were pretty much wire mesh type, these days they come with the felt kinda material. could rob some power i guess

with governor defeated i feel 070's got good revs and power compared to other rev limited big saws. the only con is their lower range of power rpm cutting.

my 070 090 i had will literally pull me into the wood, with rakers set low and good cutter hook

old school filter were pretty much wire mesh type, these days they come with the felt kinda material. could rob some power i guess

very cool If you don't mind me asking how hard could you roll /push one into a log with the falling spikes before it would quit cutting

Latest posts

Back