Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That piece seems like a ring. It's thick with all flat sides. That might be it. I will proceed and see where it leads. Thanks for that

Thanks, I left that out. I ordered another gasket and it will be two weeks before it arrives and I did not want others to make that mistake and I wanted it in the right area of this thread.

I have a copy of the latest manual and nowhere did I see that. What manual are you using and the page #.

That attaches to the hollow bolt and you can also see the rubber bushing placement.

I redid the oil tank step 2 video and made it private and replaced it with the one below. I wish i could edit that post and update the link. I will see if i can untangle it from the utube.

Here is step 3, the case halves. I will review the case assembly and install the seals and maybe more in the next one. Keeping them as short as possible.

Thanks, I left that out. I ordered another gasket and it will be two weeks before it arrives and I did not want others to make that mistake and I wanted it in the right area of this thread.

I have a copy of the latest manual and nowhere did I see that. What manual are you using and the page #.

That attaches to the hollow bolt and you can also see the rubber bushing placement.

I redid the oil tank step 2 video and made it private and replaced it with the one below. I wish i could edit that post and update the link. I will see if i can untangle it from the utube.

I know I'm a little late, Bedford already has this up on video. Here are a couple of photos showing the oil pump stopper with the tapered end down. I had a difficult time getting my camera to focus and take clear pictures.

I'm moving to the ignition next. My IPL shows a sealing ring going on the crankshaft first (#2). I don't have this piece in my kit.
4a2ab4888a193b758958a4719e420dcd.jpg
3b6e70b1dc6dacaff7a296cc0ebeacfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I saw the ring yesterday as I was planning ahead. Not in my kit either.

Putting that cover on is the pits.

Unless it's the spare ring we have.

I messed up a oil seal trying to install it. My deep sockets do not fit well enough to push the seal deep enough. I tried to tap it in with a large flat blade screw driver and it bent. I ordered 6 more sets so I can screw up a couple more times.

Sorry that happened. Me pulling the oil cover off was painful too. Sounds like I will order the tool Monday for the seals. The one I got for the 660 was not expensive. The manual says to only go flush, sounds like you further.

I ordered gaskets today am ordering seals right now. I will mention the missing seal too.

Sorry that happened. Me pulling the oil cover off was painful too. Sounds like I will order the tool Monday for the seals. The one I got for the 660 was not expensive. The manual says to only go flush, sounds like you further.

I ordered gaskets today am ordering seals right now. I will mention the missing seal too.
I did try to go a little deeper than flush. When the seal was flush, the lip seal was very close the the step on the crankshaft especially with the side to side play in the crankshaft. I have another set of seals so I'll be back at it shortly.

I messed up a oil seal trying to install it. My deep sockets do not fit well enough to push the seal deep enough. I tried to tap it in with a large flat blade screw driver and it bent. I ordered 6 more sets so I can screw up a couple more times.

Do you have this? It slips over the clutch shaft.

Attachments

• 15037154399821164864322.jpg
    15037154399821164864322.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
I did try to go a little deeper than flush. When the seal was flush, the lip seal was very close the the step on the crankshaft especially with the side to side play in the crankshaft. I have another set of seals so I'll be back at it shortly.

Manual also says open side to crank.

Manual also says open side to crank.
That's what I assumed. Open side towards case.

In some ways this kit is easier to build than the ms660. Once all the questions get ironed out this is an easy build and the quality is great so far.

That's what I assumed. Open side towards case.

In some ways this kit is easier to build than the ms660. Once all the questions get ironed out this is an easy build and the quality is great so far.

This thread will be the go to because the info was not there. Check this out.......was placing order for more seals

ring.JPG

Looking at the stihl tools. sleeve is around 4$ not sure what they will charge, but they also sell friction clutch shoes for16$ and on these they are 3 shoes. that's interesting.

oil seal sleeve is 1106 893 4600
friction shoe 1106 190 4600

This manual has everything but that,
Well again thanks, you had a key piece of information that a Stihl tech using the lastest manual would not have had, unless he had worked on it before. I really enjoy this when people find it interesting and participate.
49cdcb7ddecb2983b7c04e428570b8af.jpg
b6002777279ae5f7cdf2fb13be4b37b0.jpg
0e357eb98f1a7a1828d4c1ec923d3c0b.jpg

I resolved the wrecked seal issue and have installed the head. Squish was 0.033 inch without base gasket. I decided to add the base gasket due to the large bore diameter and ended up with about 0.053 inch squish. The cylinder was chamfered okay but there was some flecks in the cylinder liner as in photo.
12c0470082f507d187ac1681832be9d9.jpg

Back