Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will run the stock one for a little bit and decide if its worth it or not. Lets see how this one mills. I just ordered a pile of goodies from huztl. I got an extra clutch cover so I can cut around the outside like Will Malloff suggest in his milling book.
Have you looked at your 070 decomp and compared the bodies purchased vs. installed + looked at the bits?

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

Yes, going to take it apart tonight and see what it looks like installed to see how it lines up. Will post a picture once I get the new one in.
I would be interested to see the old one. Never took mine out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ok so this new valve is not going to work. Nothing about it is right. It will not fit deep enough height wise. The hole threads are much larger on the stock hutzl setup. I don't know what this Decomp valve is for but it is not the 070 or 090. The German guy has listed it wrong.IMG_20180519_205925.jpg IMG_20180519_210020.jpg IMG_20180519_210036.jpg IMG_20180519_205801.jpg IMG_20180519_205811.jpg
IMG_20180519_211124.jpg

So they have a copper washer under it. "Sealing ring". Finally I get a look. My dealer quoted 29 just for the valve. I'LL be interested to hear what your guy says.

That's a shame. It's a gamble they think they got something and they wind up guessing wrong. Last time this happened it was a .325 sprocket

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

Yes its a bummer. Yes huztl has the copper seal under the original. I am going to do the same as the other fella says and turn the pin in my lathe and use a thicker better e clips. I am sending the photos now to the ebay seller.

Yes its a bummer. Yes huztl has the copper seal under the original. I am going to do the same as the other fella says and turn the pin in my lathe and use a thicker better e clips. I am sending the photos now to the ebay seller.
No lathe here. My best course will be to proceed. I wonder if my pin is loose now I have seen yours I will look at mine, I can without removing it now.

I almost sent a copy of those pics and stopped. He could have said I got mine. Two messages are in his inbox over this so they should be easy for eBay to discover should there be an issue.

I really need to sleep but that's hard often. I went back and re-read Ted's post. Surely for <30$ I could get someone to fix the groove, it might be faster.

Where will you look to buy that small clip with a little brass?

One word reply. It's not German. I think he's not my buddy anymore
67e301dca6abef94affeb27cc243fcf5.jpg

Lol he sent me a refund instantly! So that's good. Wonder if he will fix the listing now or pull it. Check and see if you have a refund?

I am going to try and chuck mine up. But not till I go to Ace hardware and look through all the boxes of little clips and see what I can find. Then come back and do what needs to make sure it can't fall inside. Little effort here can save this saw for sure if the clip where to come off. No doubt the valve pin drops straight into the cylinder. So a little effort on this is ok. I am waiting for that felt seal for the crank anyway. I am also rebuilding a husky 394. So take my time and make sure this setup is solid.

Hey so you know he removed the item for sale. So that's good to see.
So he did listen to me and understood the pictures. Thats respectable.

Yes. Only thing you got going for you is he knows straight up its not correct and if he puts 2 and 2 together he will sort out you and I are in touch.

Back