I Can't Win For Losing: My 1 yr old Husky 141 Got Trashed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drizler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Unbelievable! The reason I had to fix my old Stihl 009 was because the flywheel on my Husky 141 came loose and spun off the cast in key. Oh well, ???? happens and its usually to me. I went to start it and nothin but a loose rattling and I thought the starter spool had come off. I opened the cover and the flyeheel nut was loose and just spun off with my fingers. Since its still under warranty I take it in to the dealer. He takes it apart and tells me that the reason it spun the flywheel was a nut came loose inside and got into the carb intake and stopped the piston. Now he is going to get with Husky to see about the warranty yadda yadda. He said that this happening was a new one to him. As long as I get a working saw out of the deal rather than the big salami I am a happy boy.
It seems a tad strange to me. I never blew a chainsaw but have blown other engines and its never an event that goes unnoticed, especially when things just STOP. In my case it worked fine then wouldn't start the next day and the loose flywheel was noticed. At Least Sedanman got me a used ignition so the Stihl works . I have a feeling I am going to need it! Has anyone had this happen or am I just plain blessed??

Boy I can't imagine what nut got loose that could get in the intake with the filter in place. I just looked at the Jonsered version of that saw (assuming it is the 2141.)

Could you enlighten us as to exactly what nut it was?

Last edited:
Like I said it doesn't make any sense to me either. The only way I could see it is some moron dropping something in there and I simply am not that stupid or clumsey. They didn't get back to me until I called them 2 weeks later then this comes up. They then said they had to confer with Husky and call me back which they didn't do. I work as a Customs Inspector and " get lied to for a living" so I tend to smell the poo before the diaper is off. Something tells me I am getting the hose job. Like I said all I care about is getting back the saw working. I think when I first took it in they said a new flywheel was $29 which in my like is DIRT cheap. Time will tell.

Tony, unless I'm mistaken, 2141 Jonny=340 Husky. Drizler, I hope
they take care of you, otherwise I would upgrade to a 2141
Jonsered or Husky 340, not much of a price increase, and a lot
better saw.

I have one 2141 out and it has really held up to hard use by a guy who sells firwood. He is a carefull maintainer of his saw. He recently swapped me for a 2149 I had left over. Now the 2141 is in the hands of an occasional user, still doing good after over 65 loads of firewood. They amase me for a 41cc saw.

They Were right It Swakkiwed A NUT!

I stopped by today and asked about that saw. Sure enough it was all apart with a trashed piston and scuffed bore. It ate one of the only things that could fall into it, the rectangular nut that holds the aircleaner pad onto the plastic base. I guess there are 2 of them pressed into the plastic and one fell in just as I either stopped or started the saw. I never noticed a thing just the flywheel coming loose, wierd. They couldn't get ahold of Husky on the first try, maby this afternoon. Ah me just lucky I guess. I will let you know what husky says on the warranty thing. At least I have the old Stihl running now so I can keep clearing what the D-4 won't knock down.

Back