I didn't need it, Nor did I want it. But I could not refuse!! Dammed CAD!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockjock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Spoke to a guy a few days back on some saws he was getting rid of. Mostly parts saws. Really nice guy real talkative etc. His business is buying storage units and he had one from an old saw shop or I had thought. It was actually a scrap collector and the saws were smashed to bits. No plastics bars bent etc.. I was gutted until he said to me he had a saw, it does not start but I can have it for cheap.... So I get it in my hands, call my dealer and have him run the numbers.

11182194_1668787623349099_1539637673925502393_n.jpg

10995572_1668787676682427_2029246966638282377_n.jpg

It all comes back good. hand him the 100.00 he wanted and leave. Compression felt good, chain sprocket had little or no wear, new bar new chain I am thinking good deal.. ! Longest 50kms of my life to get home, Add mix and bar oil 3 pulls and she came to life. Tuned lean, now tuned a little fat.. As I said didn't need it, didn't want it but could not refuse. Damm CAD!!!!

That earns a "you suck" award. Nice!
I am on a saw buying moratorium at present but that would have slipped through somehow...

That sounds like a great idea! Oh also can you assist me in removing the work Idiot sharpied on my forehead :)

It is happy to live with the rest of my Stihl's for now. Word travels fast when people find out you have a 200T
They are a beast of a little saw, some people may see it as trading material, but I would be hard pressed to get rid of mine.

Lol yeah I'm lookin for one might have lucked on to an ms290 today though :)

stihl 026 husky 300xp mac 610 efco 132s craftsman 170 mac 1635

I only have dreams like this! I'm glad it happened to someone who has appreciation for a nice machine.

The last few days I have been going out to the garage/workshop and starting it. Some times first pull it burps. I am very impressed with it. Might have a second you suck to post. A fellow with a mintish 034 AV with case for a MS 170 I have listed for sale. The bloke has a bad hip and is looking for a much lighter saw for the odd cutting he does.

Thanks much but I now have a MS 260 Pro and I'm very happy with it. For about 20 years I kept a couple of 1960s era "Power Machinery" (canadian) saws running [a 1630 and a 1645 which were both pretty decent]. One day after 3 hours of trying to get one of them started and trying to keep the other one running, I decided that I had paid my dues and deserved something decent.

Add me to the list of people willing to buy it.

Good find on a great saw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rockjock, I see your location listed as Canada/Germany. Do you by chance know what a 200T would've sold for new in either country? I'm just curious.

Rockjock, I see your location listed as Canada/Germany. Do you by chance know what a 200T would've sold for new in either country? I'm just curious.

In Germany I think it was 800 Euro or there about Canada I am not totally sure. I saw it for 699 CAD but I am not sure if that was before of after the demand for this saw. I have to get a part from the dealer so I can ask.

Latest posts

Back