I like fire wood section the best so........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
Case 1737, good bad and the ugly. I know this is gonna be moved but in the mean time, guys who's opinion I respect..........

Honestly, unless it's free or there is really no other choice, you should steer clear. It's gas not diesel, and had some pretty common drivetrain issues. To add insult to injury, last time we worked on one, parts were few and far in between.

@TreeTangler , I just put a engine in it for the guy in the fall. He did the winter snow with it and is loosing interest in it. Do you think $1500 is too much?
Hmmm. Was it a new engine? Hours? How familiar are you with the machine and working on units like these? The clutches used in this model can be a pain in the but and the gear boxes in these have proven to be troublesome.

Try Yesterdaystractors.com, you may get your answer Matt. Sounds like the drive train is a real issue.

Thanks fellas, I'll steer clear. Used engine and about five years ago I put clutches in both sides for the guy.

Case 1737, good bad and the ugly. I know this is gonna be moved but in the mean time, guys who's opinion I respect..........

Why do they move shat. If we want someone elses opinion we would post there. Here we know or have a clue who is full of it and who knows his shat. So annoying, many a thread I wanted to follow but was put in another section that I don't visit..

I figure, I'll post here because in here is the men who's opinions I value, but because it isn't "firewood" related it could get moved. It is what it is.........

Well if it's already had the motor and clutches replaced, offer him $1000 and see if you can get yourself a skid steer. At $1000, you should be able to piece and scrap it out for darn near that even if the gear box kicks it.

Back